UE super shox and other shox question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by olds97_lss
I run just 4. The ones you have a link to are the same as the ones I bought with a few differences. The ones I bought came with aluminum stand offs, 4 different sets of springs, a few different kinds of ball ends and a handfull of extra parts.

I bought the ones from the hobbyshopnj place.

only problem with Hobbyshopnj is that there site isn't search friendly. I can't find them ON the site.

They are on this page about 1/5 the way down. You will see 2 sets. One with shock towers and one without. I bought the ones without just to see what they were like. I should have bought the ones with the shock towers as running 4 shocks puts to much pressure on the plastic ones. My RPM shock towers would bend so bad that the rear one was busting my gas tank all the time.

http://www.hobbyshopnj.com/monmaxx.html

Go on and grab 4 UE supershocks. If you're racing put some 60 wt in. Maybe I missed it, but you might want to check out U.E.'s support forum for more details.

just put 60 in mine - running reds in front blues in the rear - just the 4. racing it this weekend, ill let ya know.

UE shocks are TiN shafts, those are not. also those are different springs (meant for buggies) too. id rather have four UE shocks for 70 than 4 for 100 of those. but that is what they look like.

from what i read on the forums, monstermaxx - the creator of most of the items, a racer - uses four on all his trucks but his Emaxx. the emaxx apparently is heavy enough to justify 8. dualie bl probably.

Hmmm...since the UE shocks are buggy shocks, it stands to reason that the springs are also buggy springs, and if they are strong enough for 1/8 scale buggies...I am certain they can handle 1/10 or 1/8 scale MTs. In fact, I know they can. Why? Because I am running buggy shocks on my Savage w/ buggy springs and they are doing just fine.

As for the weight of the truck, he could easily get away with 4, but probably chooses to run 8. It really doesn't make a difference as long as the performance you desire is there.

But...if you can get the UE set up for $70, that is a much better price. I would say go for it.

settles it! I AM gonan go for the UE setup as soon as it becomes available.

right now the shocks are OUT OF STOCK

I am gonna post up to UE and see what they suggest since I am using hte RPM ARMS.

Will post back there reply.

When the shox become avail. I will be trying 4 shocks at first. if I feel I then need the full 8 I will get the other 4 then.

most over there say the rpm ARE flexable BUT are definitly usable. a few are REAL bashers and say they havn't even bent a shock but 1 person said did break an arm from a 30' drop. I wonder WHY?

When I get them I will let ya know.

have u tried Crispy Critters? i get pretty much all of my stuff from them and love their service. btw he's a UE vendor

crispy critter has the shocks and towers in stock right now. And I believe the shocks from UE although made by Ofna are not standard from a buggy, they have shorter bodies and are made for UE. DO NOT qoute me on this lol, but I read it on the UE forum a while ago. Either way, buying them is a lot cheaper than buying from tower as 1/8 shocks and you get more spring options as well. I only run 4 but its a race truck, its never been jumped or bashed so I don't know how it would take that.

well I actually JUST ORDERED it from crispy critters. I should have them EARLY next week.

After I get the truck ALL back together I guess I will give and UPDATE on how it handles.