TRX4 Defender - Using the light kit and ESS sound module with a JST splitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaltonLSXV8

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the possibly stupid question. I have a TRX4 Defender on which I installed the official light kit on. Obviously this connects by female JST wire to the ESC male connector.

This week I have also installed an ESS sound module to it, which also uses a female connector to the ESC (blue 'box') male connector, so to power both the light kit and module I will need a JST splitter to split the male connector coming from the ESC.

I have purchased the Traxxas 2261 BEC Y harness. Can anyone, if possible from experience tell me if this is suitable to split them? My concern is that 2261 splits 1 male into a Y shape 1 male and 1 female connector, and ideally I need 1 female to split into 2 males. Would this cause any issues with voltage/amperage?

Thanks

A picture tells a... you know.

1710350626890.png

This is 2261, as you can see it's 2 male and 1 female.

1710350745233.png

The above is the male connector coming from the ESC

1710350770986.png

And these are the female connectors, 1 from the lighting kit module, and 1 from the ESS sound module.

I need to split the male connector from the ESC into 2 using 2261 above. My only concern is that since the traxxas splitter splits 1 female into a Y with 1 female and 1 male it would cause issues with voltage/amperage, since it is not 'Y-splitting' into 2 males. Traxxas says the splitter can be used to power accessories like the light kit and winch together so I guess I should have no issues, just wanted to see if anyone is using 2261 with no problems.

There wouldn't be any change in voltage. A splitter splits a one to a two. It wouldn't matter what the end (connector) is. As long as the positive connects to positive and negative connects to negative. Red to red & black to black.
You can even cut an end off and solder your own on. Or directly without using a connector.

You got your males and females mixed up. Pins determine plug gender, not the housing.

Back