Truck barely turns

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCNewBe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm totally new to this hobby, so bear with me. My Maxx was wrecked by a friend and sat for a while before I fixed it. I have replaced all the broken parts, and was trying it out, and the servos are really weak. The throttle usually works fairly well except sometimes it doesn't want to apply the brakes. I think that is just an adjustment issue maybe, but I can barely get it to turn. Is it possible I put screws in too tight? Are the servos going bad? What do you guys think? I replaced the steering assembly with aluminum parts, but other than that, nothing was changed as far as the steering goes. I checked my batteries and they all had 1.4ish volts except for one which had around 9. It turned fine before the down time, and I'm fairly lost when it comes to servicing these things... Still learning. Thanks for any help! :)

Try new batteries if that doesn't work make sure your travel is set to full on your transmitter . If that doesn't work . New Servo . The horn on the Servo is supposed to be tight so i wouldn't worry about that part . Disconnect the steering arm to the Servo . And turn the wheels , if it moves freely then its defo your Servo .

go with a hump pack for the 30 bucks its worth it and the voltage lasts longer than aa's

The batteries MUST be replaced to isolate the problem. He can always upgrade later.

pick up the truck off the ground if it turns full both ways then its the battery or the servo is weak

Yeh I tried picking it up and turning the wheels. It turns better, but still not that great. I'll try new batteries, and if that doesn't work maybe I'll go for an upgrade. I don't know about the travel, maybe I'll check that too. It turned fine the last time I drove it before it went in to storage though.

1.4v on an AA is about as low as you can get and be usable for most things. For servos,they're too low. Replace as Rolex stated. With 8 at that voltage,you could get some use in your transmitter.

I replaced the batteries and that fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Back