Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dissapointment stems from the unknown. Traxxas was advertising in crawler mags and using terms such as "go anywhere" and such, all at a time when the hottest craze in R/C is rock crawling. You guys can't really be that dumbfounded as to why the crawler guys are dissapointed. They used the hype around crawling to lure interest from just outside of there prospective buyers. Some will go for the bait, others will not.

I think it's a great all around truck to be honest but I wish it were sold axle. It's sure looks like it will go anywhere. It's looks to be slow and steady enough while it looks like it can giddy up as well. The body looks great and the active diffs are an awesome idea. Still not what I was expecting.

To me, it was just seeing that ad for it in the mags of it climbing the stairs, and then talking about "Go Anywhere". It was just a big dissapointment to see it was not an actual crawler. :\

The dissapointment stems from the unknown. Traxxas was advertising in crawler mags and using terms such as "go anywhere" and such, all at a time when the hottest craze in R/C is rock crawling. You guys can't really be that dumbfounded as to why the crawler guys are dissapointed. They used the hype around crawling to lure interest from just outside of there prospective buyers. Some will go for the bait, others will not.

I think it's a great all around truck to be honest but I wish it were sold axle. It's sure looks like it will go anywhere. It's looks to be slow and steady enough while it looks like it can giddy up as well. The body looks great and the active diffs are an awesome idea. Still not what I was expecting.

It's gonna appeal to *some* sections of the crawler audience. We aren't all hardcore competition heads at the end of the day. I still think it is very capable looking rig. To be honest, given Traxxas's line up I couldn't see them doing an out-and-out crawler anyway. A company like that relies on being able to use interchangeable parts between models to keep costs at a minimum. An out-and-out crawler wouldn't really allow them to do that as it has few common parts with their other rigs.

Look at HPI, they don't make an out-and-out crawler either, but the Wheely King is kinda there and about and, with work, can be made into one. The WK also uses a lot of parts from other HPI rigs, like the MT2. They've leveraged the cralwer craze to try and get more people to buy those, offering conversion kits and stuff for them. I personally don't think the WK makes economic sense to use as a crawler unless you only do light messing around on the rocks. Even then an Axial RTR still works out cheaper and better.

Axial were in a unique position. They didn't really make many other actual trucks, so they had a fresh slate. They made a balls-out crawler because they didn't have any other parts to have to use.

We're not gonna agree, I know, and you are within your rights to be disappointed if you really thought they would do a proper crawler, but I just don't think you should piss on a product purely on the strength that they didn't do what you wanted them to. Lots of companies do it all the time.

Last edited:
I never said it was a bad product. I'm just saying they can fornicate themselves with an iron stick for leading us on like that, then delivering a totaly different product.

oh please, oh please, oh please let the Mini E-revo actually exist and not be a complete dissapointment...

It looks like it will be 1/16th scale.

There should be more information once iHOBBY is over.

Last edited:
We're not gonna agree, I know, and you are within your rights to be disappointed if you really thought they would do a proper crawler, but I just don't think you should piss on a product purely on the strength that they didn't do what you wanted them to. Lots of companies do it all the time.

Never did I say nor had I thought that they would come out with a "proper crawler".

Quite frankly I feel I have every right to piss on a product purely on the strenth that they didn't do what I wanted them to. That's the right of the consumer. And to correct your statement, I didn't WANT them to do anything. Neither the rig many people expected , the rig they are releasing or even the rig I would have liked to see them release are something I would purchase so it really makes no difference to me. If your paying attention to my opinion (which clearly you are not) you would see that did not expect a "proper crawler" from Traxxas

alpinehyperlight said:
I never said it was a bad product. I'm just saying they can fornicate themselves with an iron stick for leading us on like that, then delivering a totaly different product.

I agree with this statement somewhat. I mean, it's marketing and they got the interest of what they felt was the closest crowd to their target.

Last edited:
I did not say, what was quoted that i said.

Oh, for some reason it was stating my name in the webbage quote and mine wasn't there below it. Its fixed now. I respectfully withdraw my previous statements.

It's all good homie. That's my bad. I was multi quoting and cut too much I think. ll cleaned up now. :)

I'm just saying they can fornicate themselves with an iron stick for leading us on like that, then delivering a totaly different product.

I'd not say 'totally different'. Cross-over maybe, cralwer it's definitely not, but it's MO is all-terrain driving including mild rock crawling. I wouldn't say that was a 'totally different' product.

Hell, it's Friday, I've got a thick head and I'm fading fast. My only glimmer of hope for salvation is the shiny Holmes Hobbies Cobalt 7T Puller on my desk. I think we can maybe just settle on 'great truck, but not what we'd hoped for' right?

i still dont like it. At least not this version. As a first generation truck, with all of these componenets never having been tried, i think it will have a ton of problems....... Kinda like the first gen iphone, full of bugs.

Thats the way all good threads start. With a valid point. Then it all goes to hell.

Last edited:
a valid pint??? so he was obviously drunk???

I... ain't.....ddddrunk... I... only hadddddd 2 boccklesssss. I can't.... posssibbbry be under... the affluence of... incohol... occifer *CRASH*

It should be called the "Mall Crawler"

Hey, at least it isn't a freakin Nylint :p

I... ain't.....ddddrunk... I... only hadddddd 2 boccklesssss. I can't.... posssibbbry be under... the affluence of... incohol... occifer *CRASH*

Hey, at least it isn't a freakin Nylint :p

Whatcha talking bout Willis, My Nylint frickin' ROCKS.:hehe:

Back