Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joo are not familiar with my e-savage.

Your first statement was "the e-savage" not "my e-savage". I have driven a stock e-savage and watched Ed race his. IMHO it severly understeers on power and is a slow rig to boot.

If yours is modified and can keep the wheels down, more power to ya. Not sure how an e-savage fits in this discussion though. :shrug:

Its an electric rig, I'm 99% sure it has reverse. And it really didnt seem like it had that great control at high speeds, in loose dirt it was picking up a wheel while doing high speed turns.

I have to disagree the tx and rx are only 4 channels :
1. throttle
2. steering
3. high and low speed
4. remote locking diffs

all out of channels for forward and reverse.

Reverse in an electric is controlled by the esc.

LiKe I previously stated i have no electric knowledge was jsut going off what I know from Nitro. Thanks for filling me in strike previous post. Now that makes more sense listen to you guys talk a bout programming the ESC so effectively could you Just Program it without reverse.

To a person like myself, this is what I was looking for! I can't wait for this thing to drop, I smell a christmas present for myself. I personly like the fact I can bash or go mess around in the rocks. The body is killer looking to! A solid axle would have been cool, but I personally like the revo suspension. Wonder it it will have GTR shafts? Guess Ill wait and see one in person lol.

GTR shocks come stock on it.

kinda dissapointing but kinda cool too....dont no but seems like alot of stuff to go wrong with the lockin diffs and high and low tranny. dont no what to think about it,wanna see it in person

owell its not a crawler but still a cool truck to bash the trails with

:stupid: That was a huge letdown. do like the erevo brushless though.

oh please, oh please, oh please let the Mini E-revo actually exist and not be a complete dissapointment...

I still *really* don't know why all you crawler guys have such a downer on this poor thing. Sure it's not gonna win the Nationals anywhere, but it's a great looking all-purpose rocks and rooster-tails kinda rig. I'm actually warming to it rapidly every time I look at it. The suspension travel is pretty wild I have to say, gets you some really big articulation when you're crawling without that nuisance centre diff pumpkin smacking into stuff.

I think you'd be wrong to consider it incapable, and just plain boring if you consider it a waste of time. It looks like a ton of fun to play with, and the transmission range shift and remote locking diffs do look pretty sweet.

Someone get their drawing table out and start designing some Delrin body pan liners and diff under-covers for it. Why not some Delrin lower arms too.

Last edited:
I like it. I think it will be a lot of fun.
It was clearly never meant to be a crawler so no one should have expectations of it.
For what it was built for, an all terrain basher, I think it is a BIG winner......
AND if you want to give it a serious thought, it is an original!

I still *really* don't know why all you crawler guys have such a downer on this poor thing.

To me, it was just seeing that ad for it in the mags of it climbing the stairs, and then talking about "Go Anywhere". It was just a big dissapointment to see it was not an actual crawler. :\

Back