Traxxas STASH. (MSCT.)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
this is the STASH.
IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
IMG_0358.JPG

planning an adding a slipper clutch eliminator. it already has MIP driveshafts. it used to be a stampede 4x4, the name is a mash-up of STampede and slASH. oh wait did i forget to menton, 6S!!!! this thing is gonna be LOADED!

Cool project but 6s? You may have a tough time keeping it upright.

A set of belted tires will help. I run most of my 1/10 on 6S and haven't had issues with tire blowouts. Unless I want them to blow-up. Slipper eliminator is a good idea. I'd also stiffen up the fluids in the differentials and make sure they're up to snuff. I personally run 100k rear, 50k front on my cars. But that's all up to individual preference. I just recently started outfitting my cars with X0-1 differentials. But not because of any failures. I've actually never had a single issue with the stock differentials. You've already got the axles upgraded, so you're pretty much set.
20230903_173241.jpg

My latest 6S project. VXL6S/2200kv. 21/54 (stock plastic spur)
20230811_190811.jpg

This is my LCG Stampede. It's running a Rustler chassis. WP8BL150 with a 1300kv motor from a Redcat Shredder. 21/54 ⚙️
20230805_181046.jpg

Max8/2200kv Rustler. 30/35 ⚙️ My speed rig. I built it to go 100mph, just haven't been able to find a road that isn't busy to run it on.

Sorry to commandeer your thread, just showing proof that these 1/10 cars will easily run on 6S. And they're an absolute riot!

UPDATE!!!! just got a shipment in from jennys last night.... and BOOM 2050kv Spektum motor. still doesn't run, but this will be a hoot when it does!
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG

motor size comp to a 3200kv out of a arrma typhon 3s:
IMG_0603.JPG

thats all for now, you shall be the first to know if something cool happens.

UPDATE (finally) this thing has gone through some major phases. as you can see in the pic above I had street tires on it. Was an okay street car (JK I don't want to hurt it's feelings) But i wanted to have a 4X4 offroader again. I threw on some SCT tires and ripped it. The 2050KV motor is quite slow to no surprise. But the acceleration to top speed (10-15MPH LOL) is nuts. Actually pretty decent for my backyard track. The 4X4 helps a lot. Makes it faster around my track (then my Rusty) even tho it has old tires and the worst servo under heaven. Anywho, I'm planning on getting some new tires for the Rusty MM soon so I'll throw those (awful, but better) tires on the STASH. I cut the front bumper to give it more of a Race Truck look. Got one pic. I dont have one of the inside but i put in a Firma 100 ESC until I bite that freaking bullet and get a 8BL 150 ESC in there to run 4S.
IMG_0980.JPG

Looks pretty clean IMO. The bumper cuts add some pizazz.
Anyway. I'll update soon.

So. Now that I have a car on the way, (no, you won’t know what it is) I’m wondering if I should just go back to 3S and keep that Firma 2050kv as a backup. The only reason I wanted to go 4S was I was running a 540 size brushless (too small, I’ve learned a lot) and I thought 3S as a whole wasn’t enough. So now that I’ve got a better option, 3S motor may be coming soon. I really don’t know where this build is gonna go ATM, I just have a bunch of other projects and ideas. But still, there’s no denying how fun this car is on its new tires.

Back