traxxas rustler wont crank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman757

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey i have a trxs nitro rustler and i just can't get it to crank tryin not to have to buy a new motor but if you kno any tricks or tips please comment

You need to be a whole lot more specific. Battery charged? Does the motor spin and not start, or does it not move at all? Can you spin it by the flywheel?

brand new batteries umm.. it only spins when I'm pulling the pull start. and when i try to spin it the wheels spin too.

brand new batteries umm.. it only spins when I'm pulling the pull start. and when i try to spin it the wheels spin too.

check your clutch ...the clutch spring or shoes may be broken ...my revo did that once ...i could start it when off the ground ..but wheels were spinning ...as soon as i put it on the ground , i had to give it throttle to keep it running ...as soon as would break it would die ....found out it was the clutch spring

+1...check the clutch housing, clutch and bearing.

One time my bearing inside the clutch housing exploded and got caught up in the clutch shoes itself and prevented my engine from spinning.

Take the engine out, take the center screw out that goes throught the shaft and golds the housing in place and pop clutch housing off. Inspect it and see what's the happs.

Let us know how you make out.

"It's Only Money, Right?!

Back