traxxas 3.3 issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beave

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i installed a new 3.3 in a t-maxx,when cranking to start it is pulling in so much fuel that it is dripping from the exhaust onto the chassis. i got it to start and loosened the glow plug and fuel is shooting out of the cylinder. never ran into this issue before,any input will be gladly welcome....i checked to see if it was turning over in the proper direction and it is going counter clockwise when looking at the flywheel....:\

Lean that baby. Get all the fuel out of the engine and pipe. I'd lean it 1/2-3/4 of a turn on the hsn. Preheating new engines helps a lot too. Use a hair dryer or heat gun and try to get er up around 200 degrees.

i have it 3.5 turns out,i have 10 nitro rc's and have never seem anything like this,i'm thinking the piston is in backwards. it is blowing fuel out the carb and the exhaust...

just wanted to let you guys know,it has one of those early plastic pipes on it and it was clogged inside,broken baffle. stuck a 1/10 offroad pipe on it and it fired right up,whoda thunk? thanks for the input,later:)