Transmission One Way C clip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massivex

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, did a quick search but couldn't find any posts on the topic. I need to change the transmission one way bearing. I got the tranny apart and removed the c clip that holds the bearing off. It wasn't easy but some twisting and prying managed to do the job. I put the new bearing in but I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the clip back on again.

Anybody have any tips or tricks on how this is supposed to be done?

Is it bent? You can use the flat part of the blade (not tip) of a standard screw driver sometimes

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

No, it's not bent. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to tell me to do with the flat part of the screwdriver. Right now I am trying to tuck one side of the clip under the groove it fits into and use the screwdriver to pry the other side open enough for it to pop into place but the clip isn't opening even close to enough to do it that way. There has to be an easier way to do this that I am missing.

Ok, I got it. In case anybody else comes across this thread with the problem here's how I did it. I started by trying to tuck one of the tabs (by the opening) under first and pulling the other side open and into place. That didn't work. Instead try tucking the part in the middle of the horseshoe (directly opposite the opening) first, then pry the tabs one at a time and snap them into place. Bingo!

Back