Toms Revo 3.3 5309 UK Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics. Your Revo is really starting to come along. My revo also feels slow at pick up and doesn't look like it hits 2nd gear. I have to check on a few thigns but my poor trucks been sitting on its stand for nearly a week and I know I wont be able to take it out for at least another week.
BTW, how is that starter kit and where did you purchase it from?

Nice pics. Your Revo is really starting to come along. My revo also feels slow at pick up and doesn't look like it hits 2nd gear. I have to check on a few thigns but my poor trucks been sitting on its stand for nearly a week and I know I wont be able to take it out for at least another week.
BTW, how is that starter kit and where did you purchase it from?

thanks mate - yea I've gone abit mad on ordering RPM parts all the time i can't help myself LOL!!!!

How do you know if it goes into 2nd gear, I've never heard mine - click or anything.....

I got the HPI starter kit from eBay came with a few useful bits the Dynamite tool kit is also good but most of the tools that come with the 3.3 are fine.:D

Well from my past RC car experience, you would hear the gear drop and then accelerate when going into 2nd gear. Just like a real car but a much quicker change.

Since I know I can't play with my truck for a week or so, I figure I can order parts now and when they arrive, just maybe I can have a chance to tune the truck.
Just a month ago i was dying to order the truck and now I'm dying to race it and can't. LOL

thanks mate - yea I've gone abit mad on ordering RPM parts all the time i can't help myself LOL!!!!

How do you know if it goes into 2nd gear, I've never heard mine - click or anything.....

I got the HPI starter kit from eBay came with a few useful bits the Dynamite tool kit is also good but most of the tools that come with the 3.3 are fine.:D

Yes. Can definately tell when my TMaxx shifts into second gear.

i'll have to listen out for the gear change :-D and report back!!

Did some more mods last night and managed to work out how to attach the RPM ARMS properly :-D

I'm going to see if i can get my Spektrum kit linked up over this weekend....

I'm also looking into the Pico EZ engine :whhooo:

took the car out after upgrading to the DX3S spektrum reciver (yes i finaly got my Y adaptor) MAN!!!!

This thing RIPS, its now changing into 2nd gear and wheelies!!!! So much better then the stock radio

:)

some more goodies arrived :)

After i repaired my slipper clutch ;)

Last edited:
Wait so your slipper clutch is why u didn't hear the second gear and why it didn't do wheelies? My MT doesn't do either of those but didnt have a chance to adjust anything yet. What exactly did u do to the slipper clutch?

I'm guessing urs pulls into second gear at a low rpm? i had mine set like that while tuning it and it was just holding a wheelie nicely as it poped up then shifted and held it :p was cool but useless.. mine changes reasonably high in the rpm so it doesn't wheelie.... but i only bash so yeh....

the reason i adjusted my slipper clutch as when i was pulling the trigger it wasn't going very fast someone suggested to look at the slipper clutch.

so i took it off and adjuested it according to nitromad48 video on youtube.

I have also installed the Spektrum DX3S and RX which might be opening up the throttle more, it deffo changes gear now and it does wheelies :)

just some pics from this weekends changes

I dont like this guy anymore.....every week he keeps buying new parts, LOLOL J/K. :)
Hopefully when summer time roles around here, I will start to upgrade parts on my truck.
The only thing I've been able to do this weekend is swivel my truck.

come on get cracking!

got a new air filter arrive from america yesterday

this thing is MASSIVE, looks the buiness though :p:

ok so small update for this weekend

I managed to find a local empty bash site which was AMAZING!!! loads of jumps and really well laid out, i think its an old BMX site which isnt used anymore but perfect for the Revo.

I got my air filter arrive from the states so managed to fit it this weekend :)

I'm going through glow plugs like mad at the moment need to re-tune or richen the engine.

Where's this track at Tom. Looks good.

Back