Tmaxx with Picco .26 help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

251southernsmoke

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys just broke down my maxx and I'm thinkin on buying a picco .26 with pul start. Do you think tah they are a good motor to replace the 3.3 and what else do i have to do to the tranny for that motor?

Thanks patrick

Hey southernmoke I'm not sure about the picco .26 but I have the Dynamite .26 in my maxx with the extended chassis. I am only running a stock 2.5 tranny and it holds up fine. I would suggest getting some cvd's though.

The Picco .26 PULLS, and although you should probably use a FOT I always wait until I munch them before spending the $ it just makes sense to me....

i think they're fine motors to replace the 3.3 with

Yes. Chalk and cheese. The Picco .26 has a lot more power, and will rev almost as hard, while being easy to keep tunes and will also show you more talk.
At least with bigger mills you can start playing with gearing to get it how you want it..

I have the Picco .26max and I love it. Its a very powerful mill and has very fast acceleration. I will say that you should invest into the Roto-start system instead of the pull for at least break in. I went through 3 pulls in the first 5 tanks of break in. I switched to the Roto-Start and things are great. I hate having to carry the wand around though. But the compression is soo tight on these things that you will burn through a few pulls at least

Your other option, and the one I use, is to loosen the glow plug half a turn to relieve a little of the compression. Just remember to retighten it before you run it hard. I have to do that with the Piccos, my Navarossi, the GRP and all of the CEN mills. It works a treat....

Yea great engine but they are tight.I have about 15-20 tanks through mine and the bump box struggles to spin until it gets some heat in it.The roto start works great.

I just finished installing the new "JL Red Dot" .26Max engine in my 3.3 Maxx. I'm really liking that motor! I decided to use the EZ-Start and see how that went. So for it's working OK. I think I need a new OWB as it skips a bit but it did that on the old 3.3 motor. The bearing's got about 4.5 gallons on it so I can't complain too much.

The Picco starts very easily. While it does have some pinch it's not stupid tight. I didn't use a heat gun or anything and haven't had problems.

I have the pull starter for it and I might mount it up after I've gone through 1/2 gallon or so, not sure. I'm leaning more towards a Tiger Drive or Roto-start. I'm not that keen on pull starts. I've got them on my other cars and know the drill. Time will tell what I settle on.

Back