tires harder

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelmcgau

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
is there a any way of makin tires harder, the ones on my rustler are all spongy, i dont have time to go to a hobbie shop and get the foam inners to toughen them up so is there any sort of diy way to do it. some pipe insulation maybe???

you could always try. I dont see anything special about the foam inserts they are just pre cut.

that could work cut it to work right for you... it will keep from tires mushrooming alot.

is there a any way of makin tires harder, the ones on my rustler are all spongy, i dont have time to go to a hobbie shop and get the foam inners to toughen them up so is there any sort of diy way to do it. some pipe insulation maybe???

That may work gona have to keep it even and not bunch it up. Chances are your gona be so out of balance that thing is gona shake like a dog sh-ting razor blades.:whhooo:

that is always a posibility when you are coming up with something on your own.. you gotta try new stuff to know not to do it again or you get lucky and something works better then some of the company's stuff.

boys it works a treat. takes a bit of measuring and cutting to sort it out but works grand. used that 19mm pipe insulating u get for copper pipes and hacked it up til it fitted sweetly round the wheel then sprayed it with glue (same stuff u use for sticking carpet down) then fit the tyres over it and bosh.
had it out for a wee play in the yard goes well and i prefer the set up, I'm running 500k diff oil, this is the 3rd diff iv put on it, think with the soft wheels it was gripping the tarmac to much and ripping the cogs apart.
problem is i think the clutch spring is starting to go, sometimes it wont idle and will creep forward and then when u go to start it you can see it tryin to spin the spur gear. its not completely gone but its gettin that way......................MORE MONEY

great to hear that worked and sorry to hear about another prob.. inginuity is a great thing to have on yourside.