ticking sound

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
At idle, my baja is making kind of a ticking sound, like somthing is loose and vibrating, but i have checked all of my screws, and they all seem good. Any ideas? When i give a lil throttle it goes away.

Does it completely go away, or is the noise from the engine drowning it out when you give it throttle?

it goes away. there is appx 10 tanks through it

The first thing I'd check is the clutch and bearings. Chances are it goes away as soon as it's engaged.
If it isn't that, it's the bomb under the driver's seat.

The first thing I'd check is the clutch and bearings. Chances are it goes away as soon as it's engaged.
If it isn't that, it's the bomb under the driver's seat.

Well, there really is no "drivers seat" but I'm the driver, and I'm standing, so i guess the seat would be my ass, and i think i would have noticed if there were a bomb in my ass. If you would remember, i give cavity searches, not recieve them. But it might just be the clutch, or it might have had somthing in it that i could have blown out. Imma head to my local track tommorrow to watch the sled pulls, so maybe ill run it out there and see if i got it with the compressor.

Nah, i arrest, and bring them to East Baton Rouge Parish Prison, and let them do that there. My hands are clean. Literally.

LMAO!
I'm not sure which end of that I'd want to be on....The searcher, or the searchee.

Take it from someone who's been through the process, it's better to be the searcher.

Take it from someone who's been through the process, it's better to be the searcher.

Neither would be best. :hehe:

And I agree with Charlie. Searcher is the best I think. Though I have never been on the receiving end so I don't really have anything to compare too. LOL

Did you ever figure out what happened to your Baja? Working ok now?

Havent run it yet.

does it have valves if so u might need to do vavle adjustments

more like plastic vibrating on metal.

maby check to see if any plastic is vibrating on any metal. lol! it may just be the plastic cuffs, the ones that always get crap stuck in em. check and see if thats vibratin on ur roll cage or engine or somethin

check the brake disc, they tend to ting between the calipers.

you may also want to check your spark plug boot. a torn boot can allow the spark to jump. I've gotten poked pretty good from a split boot a couple times. lol

Back