Throttle return spring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Sure wish I had one the other day..... servo quit on me, WOT of coarse.

I remember the truck having one originally, but I took it out for 2 reasons.

1. It makes the carb open slower, because of the extra power required to overpower the spring. That stinks....

2. With truck not running I held WOT then shut off the truck, the spring didnt close the carb. So it wasn't doing its job anyway, the spring couldnt overpower the servo.

ANYWHO..... now I want one, ideas? suggestion?

An elastic will work. Iv used one before.

Sure wish I had one the other day..... servo quit on me, WOT of coarse.

I remember the truck having one originally, but I took it out for 2 reasons.

1. It makes the carb open slower, because of the extra power required to overpower the spring. That stinks....

2. With truck not running I held WOT then shut off the truck, the spring didnt close the carb. So it wasn't doing its job anyway, the spring couldnt overpower the servo.

ANYWHO..... now I want one, ideas? suggestion?

Yeah, this is exactly why I do not have one on mine either. I think that a fail safe would be a good alternative....but I have never tried one of those either.

I have a failsafe, and it has helped me out a bunch of times, HOWEVER...... it does nothing for you if your servo stops working.

I have f/s springs on everything, kinda sucks but they do work. You want a servo with good torque of at least 120 oz AND high speed. The higher gear ratio is what makes it easier for the spring to push it back, while allowing the servo to work well against it. It's a necessary evil. All of mine will close the throttle at least 3/4 of the way. I have 2.4 ghz radios too so the only thing that could really go wrong is a servo or linkage issue.

Your return spring only needs to be strong enough to pull the throttle closed with the power off to the servo.

And a failsafe will save your bacon.

Going to a 2.4ghz radio sys. eliminates the need for the failsafe in most systems.

I just got a shinny new 2055 servo, and I am gonna try a revo return spring. sound good?

( its a tmaxx 3.3 )

Back