thinking of getting either Savage 25 RTR or Revo RTR as first RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 625 is a faster servo than the 645. This means that it will open your carb faster than the 645 but it still has plenty of power for your brakes.

The savage comes with a servo saver but it sucks. If you have the cash upgrade though.

ok, 625 it is. paint scheme is gonna be a green and white with my own design (i have some experience from painting a hockey mask for ball hockey). i'll mask it and everything, so should turn out very nice.

i can't wait to get this thing going, broken in and then of course...air born.

many pics will follow in the two to three weeks ahead when its delivered to me from my dads friend in ohio.

is this what is needed for OFNA servo saver:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXABH5&P=M - servo saver
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBVS8&P=M - alum servo arm

Diff mod will have to weight.

Last edited:
HPI has a 4 spider diff. as well part #87193, at about a cost of $10 for everything for one diff. Every once in a will Great Hobbies has a sell on Hitec servo's too. I'm planning on putting in 5000 diff. oil for alround bashing and a little racing when it comes along.

Last edited:
i'm holding off on the diff mod as with 3000 and 1000 oils, its closer to $30 and my budget is already shot as it is. $550 without a $50 remote! the diff mod is something i'll set-up when i tear the truck down for a cleaning after snow bashing sometime in jan or feb along with probably outback TXT rims/big joe tires at that time. with everything i'm getting its $560 with the $50 discount already included and like i said, that dosen't include the used stock TF-4 controller from ebay for $40-$50.

but atleast this way when the truck arrives, i'll have everything i need to just sit down and start building, minus a few small items i could grab at hardware store here.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the help...but after finding a revo for $405 brand new from rcboyz, i went with the revo (less needed upfront, upgrade as things break/become available)

i did order a few extra suspension parts for it as well. The savage SS seemed like alittle bit more then what i'd want to get involved in with my first RC car.

bummer. i made you up a revised list in your other thread that comes to a total of 511+shipping for a savage SS. oh well, enjoy your revo. hopefully come spring you can find a track nearby to race it at. so far the revo has proven to be a great race truck.

What was the price of the Savage 25 RTR, and do you plan on doing racing or more bashing. If bashing think that you will be more happy with the Savage. They seems to take a licking and keep on going.

Back