The duratrax Nitro Demon POS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxe7779

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Like my statement says I'm not fond of the mighty duratrax. I purchased a nitro demon that was discontinued about 5 months ago, I have sank so much money into that POS that I've finally decided to just crash it once and for all or give it to some poor unsuspecting folk. Either way this thing is like the money pit, Everyime I run it I need to fix and replace something. This car has cost me in excess of parts well over a thousand dollars, and it still runs bad and has problems. The engine for it is about as poorly made as anything I've seen, took me weeks to adjust it properly and get it running. I think the thing is possessed, because when ever I run it, it heads right for curbs, hard rocks, and assorted things that will screw it up. This is mainly due to its very narrow stance and poor transmission that make it over power the weak little hard tires and go any which way but loose. And for the suspension it came with, it might as well just have none, its has no travel, the hardest tension I have ever seen in a spring and odd way of mounting. Now I really wanted to believe I coud get this truck running smoothly and prove to everyone with a little time and elbow grease I could get this thing running well, but I can't. This thing is a lost cause. Now if you are interested in a duratrax vehicle, dont be persuaded by there slick videos and bashing contest on there website, I'm convinced all those cars in there videos are not there own but probably a rc10 or TL car, not theres. Now this is the only car I have experience with and I maybe I should have known better due to I picked it up on clearance at the LHS for 150.00, but still it has the same design and engine as many of there other cars, but I will definatly not buy anymore duratrax stuff anytime soon!

Don't stop there, I think you were about to catch your second wind. Now tell us how you really feel about Duratrax :D

Hmm Demon maybe that should have been a warninig sign right there but what the hell do I know. Possibly you should seek a priest and maybe try and exorcisim ? X

With duratraxx it really depends. Some of their cars like the maximum st are OK. Other cars just blow. My friend has a street force and that thing is a total POS. He had to send it in like 3 times b4 it actually got running. Everything from carb leaks to radio glitches to mis molded plastic parts.... Maybe thats why they call them DuraCrap...

Some of their tools are really cool ;)

-Chris

My vendetta ST kicks ass....though my Quark 33 procar...not so much

Please exercise caution and wear an OSHA approved respirator.
There's a very heavy layer of dust that just been released.

WOW, its happening alot now, i think it might be a plague

I have a Nitro Evader and like it alot, very fast O.S. built motor, stock parts break a little easy but are cheep to replace and all of them are upgradale to aluminum.

Dumb
Unsucsessful
Rc
Anomaly
That
Recently
Another
Xed

not really just for fun don't hate me, but i did give my last duratrax away I had numerous PITA problems with it and finally said screw it. You need a more quality RC (Not to say that duratrax dosn't make quality rc's but I have never owned or delt with one...)

The Vendetta is actually a pretty cool rig....but it's not made by Duratrax. It's made by Anderson and repackaged as the Vendetta and LRP Shark.

Back