The Dingo Diary

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm staring off completly stock and I hope to add a few mods once and a while.

My wife felt sorry for me and let me build this one in the house, got everything ready for the build

3qqqq_zps326330aa.jpg

Things are coming together

4qqqq_zps0a71a240.jpg

My knee it hurt so I can get away with it lol.

I played with the wheelbase to fit the body that I'll run if I ever get it painted.

2qqqq_zps858e8536.jpg

That body looks kind of plain right now. Interested to see what the finished lid looks like.

Hamz they all look plain before paint, I have been wanting a body like that for years and they finally made it!

I got the Dingo body painted, it has a few runs but that's usual for me lol

green_zps8978a2f6.jpg

green2_zpse454ecd3.jpg

I know. Lol I just had to pull your chain a bit. I didn't get to run the SCX/JK project because it's been too nasty weather-wise...

I really wanted to run the Sidewinder 8th system in this truck but the motor is just too big and too long. I don't have much of an RC budget right now so I had to go cheap just to get it running. I'm going to program the 8th esc for a brushed motor plug it to an Integy 27t motor with stock gearing. I plan on running 3s most of the time but I know I'll get excited and try 6s :D

I mocked it up today with the Ram body, I have some small details to do but I like it. The new shoes should arrive tomorrow and I'll install the lift kit, that should give this thing the look I wanted for this set up.

Ram1_zpsf1d74a5b.jpg

Wow, that's nice. When I first opened the thread, I thought I was on the 1:1 thread, then I saw that skid stain on the hood. :p

I used a lift with the Swamper TSLs in 1.9 on my SCX-10/JK project:
20140712_194719_zps0lhzzy2l.jpg

20140715_222204_zps4gzne2tw.jpg

Pete, are you putting 2.2s on the SCX? Something tells me that's the only reason for the lift kit.

I'm sticking with 1.9's, I'm not lifting it much.

19BFGS_zps87f4c027.jpg

Are you using the Gear Head lift kit? I'm using it and really like it.

It's installed in the last pic, just a small amount of lift.

Are you using the Gear Head lift kit? I'm using it and really like it.

Did you have any problems with the driveshafts binding? I can only use the first hole in the lift without them starting to bind and I had to use a spacer on the upper links to keep it smooth.

Actually, it helped take away the binding problem I was having with my MIP CVDs.

Ok I'll have to look into some new shafts

Back