Thanks for Having our Back...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I think with the anniversary of 9-11 we should also thank all of our brave brothers and sisters that have our back all over the world. Here is a little salute. Thanks goes out to all who serve and protect us.
5852_82ndairborne-med.jpg

5858_ah-64a-apache-med.jpg

58548_f-15-eeagle1-med.jpg

58569_m1a1abrams-med.jpg

Last edited:
Fuckin A Right!

BoooooYaaaaa!

Drive On and bury those motherfuckers!

Hats off, Salute away, passin the ammo!

May God bring you home in light speed!

there arms are not sealed off? looks like they are trying to save there self from something but there arms are not sealed up.

Originally posted by dougc
there arms are not sealed off? looks like they are trying to save there self from something but there arms are not sealed up.
That's kinda it but you're missing something major about that fact.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
No clips
That's one for sure

There are also a few other flaws not mentioned.

It wasn't a quiz it was a tribute...thanks for ruining it LOL

Originally posted by msly
It wasn't a quiz it was a tribute...thanks for ruining it LOL
I think when I have worn the pickle suit for 15 years I have the right to say whatever I want in pickle suit related threads. I dare you, no I double dog dare you to say I shouldn't have that right!

Originally posted by El Pirata
I think when I have worn the pickle suit for 15 years I have the right to say whatever I want in pickle suit related threads. I dare you, no I double dog dare you to say I shouldn't have that right!

Yes I agree you have the right....I never had the pleasure or displeasure to wear one of those puppies. You can see they are not on the battle field though. On a serious note I also salute you for wearing the pickle suit... thanks for protecting our freedoms (seriously)

sLY

If you want to post a pic of some reservists looking to the layman that they are really hooah then that's fine. If you look in the pic I saw flaws you will see that they have not mags in their M-16 A-2's (Christian pointed that out). Their clothing leaves their arms exposed is a kind of dead giveaway but there's more to it than that. They have their protective masks on but they are wearing wet weather suits rather than a suit that is designed for a chemical protection.

See the weapons they are carrying? 2 of them are M-16 A-2/M-203 combos and the guys carrying them are an E-6 and an E-5 which are leaders and normal low ranking troops carry those types of weapons unless we are talking about a Spec Ops unit and the E-6 and E-5 would carry them, but if they were Spec Ops they would not be carrying lowly weapons such as those they would have MP-5's, NOG's and better clothing than is pictured. Notice their ranks, let's see there's a bar (officer), E-6, E-5 and I can't see for sure the rank of the one on the left. Notice their spacing? One grenade and all 4 are DOA!!! The list goes on and on....

Not to start a fight here but it really ticks me off when I see major flaws in the leaders of the Army like in the pic. It especially ticks me off when I see it make it past the editors and onto the cover or into an official publication.

PS: you're welcome.

Originally posted by El Pirata
If you want to post a pic of some reservists looking to the layman that they are really hooah then that's fine. If you look in the pic I saw flaws you will see that they have not mags in their M-16 A-2's (Christian pointed that out). Their clothing leaves their arms exposed is a kind of dead giveaway but there's more to it than that. They have their protective masks on but they are wearing wet weather suits rather than a suit that is designed for a chemical protection.

See the weapons they are carrying? 2 of them are M-16 A-2/M-203 combos and the guys carrying them are an E-6 and an E-5 which are leaders and normal low ranking troops carry those types of weapons unless we are talking about a Spec Ops unit and the E-6 and E-5 would carry them, but if they were Spec Ops they would not be carrying lowly weapons such as those they would have MP-5's, NOG's and better clothing than is pictured. Notice their ranks, let's see there's a bar (officer), E-6, E-5 and I can't see for sure the rank of the one on the left. Notice their spacing? One grenade and all 4 are DOA!!! The list goes on and on....

Not to start a fight here but it really ticks me off when I see major flaws in the leaders of the Army like in the pic. It especially ticks me off when I see it make it past the editors and onto the cover or into an official publication.

PS: you're welcome.

As to not get your pickle suit in a bunch I removed the pic. Are all the others up to snuff??? So much for a tribute

Yea it is stupid when incorrect pics make it out to the public.

Thanks for setting the record straight... (for real)

Definitely want these guys to have my back for sure....these guys are the real deal

Navy Seals
5851014_17.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the pic of the Squids, Sky's people, about to invade the Army's territory can stay. I do really like the pic though.

Without picking this thread apart...

Thanks for the tribute. It is good to see that some people remember 911 and those that serve their country to try and make sure it never ever happens again.

Thanks

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Without picking this thread apart...

Thanks for the tribute. It is good to see that some people remember 911 and those that serve their country to try and make sure it never ever happens again.

Thanks

Yes that was my exact Point.....

Thanks

sLY

Hey El - if those were the pickle suits you had to wear, I'm sorry. Mine were a hell of a lot heavier than that.

Besides, what level were they at? 1, 2, 3 or 4? If they were at 1, they would have actually been more than compensating.

As for their weapon selection, I'm certain 4 truly trained troops could wreac havoc with them just the same. Hitting a skull at 300 yards is just fine with me. Thanks!

Give me the m-203 and Ill take out a couple bunkers while I'm at it.

And why does it have to be a specific rank to carry a certain weapon? I was a 60 gunner after E-1. But they picked who fired what based on who was best suited to use effectively, could handle hauling it miles upon miles (or clicks upon clicks) and produce the best result while all the time not losing their skull.

Sly - good job on the pic selection! I would still like to see the original pic you had.

El - :whack: :whack:

Yes, I am still haze grey and underway. Me and 5000 of my closest friends are embarked aboard USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN-73) off the coast of Virginia. At the moment, we are preparing to run to the lee of Hurricane Isabel. This CAT 5 hurricane (160kts of sustained winds) is about four days away from making my life very unhappy. We're talking 20-30 foot seas by Wednesday. Talk about a fun ride.

Anyway...this Naval Officer is happy to see someone making a pictorial tribute to the military.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Hey El - if those were the pickle suits you had to wear, I'm sorry. Mine were a hell of a lot heavier than that.

Besides, what level were they at? 1, 2, 3 or 4? If they were at 1, they would have actually been more than compensating.

As for their weapon selection, I'm certain 4 truly trained troops could wreac havoc with them just the same. Hitting a skull at 300 yards is just fine with me. Thanks!

Give me the m-203 and Ill take out a couple bunkers while I'm at it.

And why does it have to be a specific rank to carry a certain weapon? I was a 60 gunner after E-1. But they picked who fired what based on who was best suited to use effectively, could handle hauling it miles upon miles (or clicks upon clicks) and produce the best result while all the time not losing their skull.

Sly - good job on the pic selection! I would still like to see the original pic you had.

El - :whack: :whack:
If you really want to get technical we can go over the different MOPP levels and what is worn:
MOPP 1 NBC Pants/Shirt
MOPP 2 NBC Pants/Shirt, and Boots
MOPP 3 NBC Pants/Shirt, Boots and Mask
MOPP 4 NBC Pants/Shirt, Boots, Mask and Gloves

Which level were they in with Mask and wet weather top/bottoms and plain jane combat boots worn?

The reason different ranks have different weapons is for the simple fact the higher rank you are the more responsibilities you will have, thus you will have more leader related BS to carry (maps, NOGs, GPS, etc...) as well as the leader being in the middle leading the troops a say a v formation where they can see and direct the others to do whatever is needed. You don't need a 60 gunner in the middle behind everyone else where they are not doing very much good for the security of the team.

As an E-1 through E-4 being a 60 gunner, that's normal. The assistant gunner could be a leader but generally the assistant gunner is the slack man for the 60 gunner. Just like you would not make the point man an assistant gunner either. First, he's got enough to worry about like not getting the team ambushed and when the mierda hits the fan he'll generally be the first one taken out, and not a good thing for the assistant gunner with the spare barrel and spare ammo to be taken out 10 -20 meters away from the machine gun they are supposed to be the assistant for.

Back