Tell me about DIG

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good info Charles. I found a RD2 new unmounted for 75.00 shipped with linkage and servo mount. I'm tempted to pick it up.

but i just seen the 3Racing unit (supposed knockoff of the DNA unit) and it also looks very nice, and so far, appears to have a few small improvements over the DNA.
I thought the TCS TF was cheap, and it seems in this type of gear, like many, you get what you pay for. so the TF is out.

i guess its beteen the R2D, the 3Racing or the DNA unit.

I refuse to buy anything from stage 3 racing. They practice very unethical business practices, and do it knowingly. They've gone far enough to get several warnings, get banned, get allowed back in, and get banned again from one of the popular crawling forums. They will find a product that someone makes that is out of stock, will copy the product, and will then send everyone on that companies backorder list a message saying that they have the same product. It's happened time and time again, and they tried to get me like that. Having similar products is one thing and I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if you are using your creativity to try and design what you think it a better mousetrap so to speak. But I DO NOT agree with unethical business practices, especially when a company knows what they are doing is wrong, and continues to do it time and time again. I know I've complained about a lot of vendors in this thread, and I hate for it to seem that way. I don't have problems with any other vendors that I know of besides those that I've mentioned, but I had to mention this about stage 3 racing. I don't know about the quality of their product because I wont buy anything, or become a distributor for their products. Ethics may not be important to some people, however I will not support someone who tries to cut the throats of the very vendors that are VITAL to the crawling industry, and I do not support immoral business practices.

As I said, please understand that I am appreciative of what the vendors do for the RC community, and I'm sorry that I've passed on so much negativity in this thread. I will say that neither RC4WD or DNA seems to practice unethical business procedures like stage 3 racing, and I commend them for that.

no fully understood Charles. We ve seen this from Integy over and over, and now with Turtle Racing items as well.

i did read a bit of the stuff on them, and it didnt look to good, but I'm willing to put an ear out to hear more on things like this. Like you, i dont support those the blatently knock off products. as some said, theres only a few ways to make certain items, so if there are some cosmetic changes, then its made it different enough to pass any patent issues, but if it has other improvments, or has options not available to the ohter unit, then looks is the only thing the appears to be the same.

i m not sure how much of this unit is EXACTLY like the DNA, or how much of it is different as I'm not familar with either company or DIG setup. thus the reason I'm reading and asking.

Thanx for the info. if they are blatently knocking poop off and offering no other improvments except availability. then its not a company i want to spend my hard earned with.

T