Team losi 8ight or hpi hellfire????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi
I'm not sure what to get a TEAM LOSI 8IGHT buggy or the HPI HELLFIRE truggy
please help???:ponder2:

Bashing...IMO either one. If you are going to race, I would look into the LOSI 8ight issues. JetMech knows a lot that has been seen going wrong with the Losi Rig.

The Hellfire will net you little to no followers. I like it since I bash. Bashing hard breaks stuff regardless.

Let us know what you get.

It really depends on what you want. Do you want a truggy or a buggy? If you want a truggy I would recommend you look at something else. People have not had very good luck with the hellfire.

The 8ight has had issues mainly with the throttle servo. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but people have been burning them up.

Another question is whats your budget?

great lol, i was also thinking about getting a hyper 7 any thing bad with them?,
and is there any good hong nor buggies or truggies to go for?

And i will be doing a bit of bashing and a some racing but ill keep the savage mainly for bashing lol

Last edited:
Ofna or Hong Nor has the Mutilator. No opinion but XRC mag says very little good things about it.

The Hyper series buggies have been tried and tru for sometime now. They are great for Bashing or Racing. But in Racing its about the driver mainly.

out of all of those cars i said ill rather have the hellfire but is there any thing bad about them?

out of all of those cars i said ill rather have the hellfire but is there any thing bad about them?

If you can make it a winner than I would say that. But again the driver is what really makes it win. As far as durability, the hellfire has low reviews.

Ok, the hellfire is a pile. I've never ever seen one run on track and be competitive. I've also seen more crap break on a hellfire than anything else. If you want a truggy, whether to race or bash steer away from the hellfire and look into something like the Jammin CRT. If your looking for a buggy, the 8ight is a nice little ride. Indoor's it has a pretty good advantage over the others though the Mugen runs right there with it. Outdoors the Mugen handles the rough stuff better and is a better choice. The Mugen can handle a more aggressive driver more so than the 8ight. I've seen more blown throttle servo's with the 8ight than all other buggies combined. I do know of several people that have never had an issue but more than not most have. Setting up the throttle servo is a pain staking process and is one I would rather not have to deal with.

I'm might be getting the the Hong Nor X1-crt and is there any thing bad about it , and i was talking to some one who has one of these, he said that i would recommend this car.

i've seen many losi 8's break on stuff that hellfire's mastered.

Back