SUV? This is DEATH-UV

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonP90

RCTalk Basher
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
This is the evolution of my Merv from Danger-buggy to DEATH-UV.

I had gotten tired of searching for the right sized 3s battery, and stuffed it in there, to find that it's super rad on 3s, but honestly I wanted a more stable/protective setup for the exposed battery.

IMG_20230827_144807.jpg

I had totally forgotten about the 1/16 summit, but when I remembered, that's exactly what I went for.
IMG_20230911_164209.jpg

IMG_20230915_080544.jpg

IMG_20230915_163255.jpg

IMG_20230915_163506.jpg

IMG_20230915_174113.jpg

IMG_20230915_184622.jpg

IMG_20230915_184639.jpg

So there it is, my mini DEATH-UV 🤙

IMG_20230915_183408.jpg

Last edited:
That is so RAD!! I want a truck or SUV too for my merv but haven’t found what I’m looking for (because I’m mostly looking for a GM body). That looks Jeep Cherokee like and it is cool. I’ll apologize now that I may copy this. Not sure where you are but unless you’re in northern Canada, I don’t think we’ll have out mervs at the same place. 🤘

Definitely an aggressive look, I dig it a lot.

The decals came with a Jconcepts COPO Camaro shell, besides the grill and windows of course.

I'm in California, and I don't expect to be in Canada any time soon haha
Also, I like cage as it protects the body well.

You will need the summit body posts, and cut off a little bit of the bottom of the front posts for a good height. But it's an easy swap because it's a perfect fit, and the shell is pre cut and drilled, just paint it to your liking. 🤙

Definitely an aggressive look, I dig it a lot.

The decals came with a Jconcepts COPO Camaro shell, besides the grill and windows of course.

I'm in California, and I don't expect to be in Canada any time soon haha
Also, I like cage as it protects the body well.

You will need the summit body posts, and cut off a little bit of the bottom of the front posts for a good height. But it's an easy swap because it's a perfect fit, and the shell is pre cut and drilled, just paint it to your liking. 🤙
Thanks for the tips! It looks so good.

Now your speaking my language! Looks aggressive and tough. And I love the name, gives it that extra bit of personality. 😍

And it backs it up too, feels like with pristine throttle control, it could pull wheelies indefinitely lol. It's nasty, and it's mostly stock drivetrain, besides shocks, wheels and tires, and a helical rear diff. And Zeee 3s

Also making modifications that I'll post here, not sure if this counts as a build thread lol, I'm usually terrible at remembering to take pics of my projects.

To secure the battery, I initially just used velcro, but that only worked until I started to party. So I glued a strap here.
IMG_20230916_094243~2.jpg

The screen/fan intake: an unnecessary but cool way to get more airflow. Is it necessary? Not at all, but it looks sick!

Step 1: cut a hole in your hard work.
IMG_20230916_110243.jpg
IMG_20230916_110231.jpg

Step 2: get a screen.

I use fiberglass screen patch, and separate the fiberglass screen from the adhesive it comes with. Also painted it for aesthetics this time. Any screen you want can be used.

Cut it to size, and pin it in place where you like it with a piece of tape.

IMG_20230916_110522.jpg

IMG_20230916_111327.jpg

Step 3: The Goo.
Shoe goo is amazing for sticking lots of things together, it works especially great here. You can see it dissolved the paint here a bit, but I don't think it effects the integrity of it. I like to goo three sides, then remove the tape I pinned it in place with. After a few minutes it gets really tacky, and you will want to press it down gently so the goo can fully surround the screen.

It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to work.
IMG_20230916_111402.jpg

It's what's on the outside that counts anyway, right?

IMG_20230916_111329.jpg

And there is my hack job screen that doesn't look too bad 👍