Super Antenna!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Earth

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Whats a good way to deal with the way long antenna on the savage? Wrap it around the tubing??

Just don't cut it. Might be able to tuck in a batt case or somthin.

you could get a little rubber cap that goes over the top of the tube. Just bend the wire down and cap it. If the wire is really long, coil it around the tube.

Yeah it reaches the ground and then some

after you coil it around the plastic tube, some black electrical tape should do.

You could coil it up a bit then throw some heatshrink tubing over the coil .

Get some fuel line and cut small 1/4 in pieces of it then push it over your antena tube and use a few pieces as you go down this will hold the extra piece tight against your antena tube...X

Originally posted by x_789
Get some fuel line and cut small 1/4 in pieces of it then push it over your antena tube and use a few pieces as you go down this will hold the extra piece tight against your antena tube...X

Nice!

I took the first 4-5 inches or so, right off the receiver, and looped it around about 6 times and zip tied it. Then, ran the rest up the tube and out. Didnt have ANY problems with range at all. The Savage antenna is TOO long in my opinion and should have been shorter. However, now I have a Novak in there which worked out better for 2 reasons. 1. Its smaller 2. No crystals

In the meantime, just bunch up a few inches.

I bought a 14inch antenna tube, and wrapped the rest aroung the reciever mount.

i rolled the truck and 1 foot of the antenna was cut off, so i was left with the perfect size antenna, no range problem at all. but today i rolled it again and the antenna was cut off another foot. so i only have about 5" left. i drove it around trying not to go too far. i got as far as 60 feet without loosing signal. i'm gona solder the 1 foot section back on tonight. i'm thinking about making a metal antenna.

the first thing i did was cut it off and tied a knot on the end..i can pretty much drive it till i can't hear it anymore

Originally posted by Savage Earth
Whats a good way to deal with the way long antenna on the savage? Wrap it around the tubing??
Don't break it like I did!!! Crap you're talking about the antenna wire on the receiver.

If it can't be broken, I have not touched it yet!!! Wow, maybe I'll add that into my sig, hmmm.....

Man you need to get a job in R&D, if it will pass the ElPirata test you can be pretty sure it will be indestructable. :D

Man if you gave El a mallet and put him in a room with an ANVIL come back in an hour and he would be playing in a pile of metal shards...X

Originally posted by NCNitro
Man you need to get a job in R&D, if it will pass the ElPirata test you can be pretty sure it will be indestructable. :D

Originally posted by x_789
Man if you gave El a mallet and put him in a room with an ANVIL come back in an hour and he would be playing in a pile of metal shards...X
Those comments are so true.. Speaking of mallets, when I am at work and I get really ticked off I just pick up our 20 pound sledge and head to the back part of our yard where I keep our scrap pieces and swing away for 10 or 15 minutes. This will both remove the anger from me rather easily as well as make me need to pop a geritol tablet.

Back