Substitute for after run oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark.racer98

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats a good replacement for after run oil? I'm using sidewinder fuel so I will only be using it after I'm not going to be running for a while.
Is 3 IN ONE Oil any good? It's what I have laying around

Thanks

I would just get some good after run oil. It's not really expensive and it's what the engine manufacturers recommend. Even though Sidewinder says you don't have to, I'll tell you from personal experience that it's a good idea to use it after you're through running for the day. I left an engine without it and had a devil of a time getting the engine turning again a few months later. And yes, I use Sidewinder fuel on my nitros.

i use marvel mystery air tool oil....works like a charm...never had a problem...3 in 1 is a little thick in my opinion...

i use fully synthetic motorcycle 2 stroke oil, lubes it up very well....has a blend of castors so a pretty good substitute i had lying around after the sale of my last 125cc 2t.

I will only use the ARO or other if I know I'm gonna have a rig lying around for 2 weeks or more. I will typically run them dry and store them on the shelf. Refill with fuel and they have never let me down. If its sitting for a while than yes absolutely ARO. I've used Marvels and 3in1 but like Hamz said its cheap enough so just make the investment.

Thanks guys, I'm going to buy some regular after run oil. as i will only use it if i let the rc sit for a while

Is Evolution Blue afterr run oil good? Please Respond ASAP

Back