stupid kid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a Banana Python that was about 7&1/2 feet long. one day she tried to eat one of the Chihuauas my mother used to raise. I had to grab her in mid-strike and she ended up biting the webing between the thumb and index finger on my left hand. I eventually got all those little hook shaped teeth out and the moment she pulled back she struck my stomach, right below my belly button.

My neighbor at the time thankfull was a retierd veterinarian and helped me get her off of me. I had to take her to the pet store the next day and sell her. it sucked. kinda off topic, but it was a bad day lol.

wow.. The abundance of dumbass people never ceases to amaze me... Is it me or is the number of dumbass's actually getting bigger?

4u2nv said:
wow.. The abundance of dumbass people never ceases to amaze me... Is it me or is the number of dumbass's actually getting bigger?

That's why the process of natural selection must continue in order to thin the herd. As the slow stupid ones die off, our race is left with a predominance of smarter and stronger beings.

wdavidhicks said:
That's why the process of natural selection must continue in order to thin the herd. As the slow stupid ones die off, our race is left with a predominance of smarter and stronger beings.

That's borderline hitler... We need the stupid ones; who else would we have to man the huge corporations and provide us with meaningless drivel on the tv?

Tweak, (and anyone else w/ large reptiles) if you are struck and they won't come off.....jump into a cold shower, trust me it works.......

In the case of a snake, take the very end of the snakes tail (a snakes tail is actually very short, usually an inch) and bend it, if it is a "constrictor" the snake will become confused and either release the preasure or open thier jaws and release so they can attack whater is grabbing thier tail. I guess that would kinda amount to jumping out of the kettle into the fire huh?

LOL, hell yeah it would....the cold just shuts their system down almost instantly...of course it can do it to you too but at least you'll stay alive........I had an albino burmese, when I gave him to a friend w/ a room for him I went to visit and stepped on his tail, he turned and just struck me in the chest, knocked me down and I was blacking out....my friend couldn't stop salba from going for the constricting blow (yes he was a big fiddlesticker got to almost 14 ft......that's why he had to go) and he dragged me & the snake to the shower...all I know is I was cold, wet and pissed but I could breath still.....good trade off I thought....

For the rest of us that don't own large reptiles, if you happen to get struck, beat the ever-livin' crap out of it until it let's go or dies, run like hell then change your skivvies, 'cause no doubt you just shat yourself!

Monkey Wrench said:
For the rest of us that don't own large reptiles, if you happen to get struck, beat the ever-livin' crap out of it until it let's go or dies, run like hell then change your skivvies, 'cause no doubt you just shat yourself!

when they get over 12 ft you'll find they are tougher than they look....I carry a Spyderco Harpy knife, I got it when I was rushed by a water monitor......I swore I'd gut anything that scared the crap out of me after that.....I couldn't even get my hand to the pocket it was clipped in......a lot of people learn the hard way that large reptiles are best left to those wiling to take the risk.....when I found out I was going to be a daddy, I am no longer willing to take that risk....

I don't remember shitting myself but I do remember thinking the water wasn't that cold around my shorts....:D

Really? I thought large reptiles were better left to, oh I dunno, the wild, like maybe the Amazon jungle along with the other large animals like lions, tigers and bears (on my!)? I am in no way picking on those folks that know how to safely handle these animals and enjoy them, but you have to wonder why most people don't find it, uh, "different" to have a mile-long Burmese Python in their house, but heaven forbid I take in a wayward caribou! I mean, you'd of thought I was training it to eat small children or worse, pet hamsters!

Honestly, I'll admit I am a total Sally when it comes to all things reptilian. I've handled my fair share of "harmless" snakes in my day, but I acknowledge that it takes an individual willing to devot the time to learning how to properly care for and handle these animals. I mean, about the only reptile I can truly appreciate is Corkey from "Starsky & Hutch". I mean, think about, you're sitting on your log under your heat lamp and some butthead pops a cap in your ass and you lose a tail! I mean, what's up with that?

I do enjoy watching reptiles...on the Discovery Channel!

I've got a ball python (looks identical to the one in the video) and its about the same size too, well anyways I've never had a problem with it in my entire life even attempting to strike at me it just takes common sense i guess that some people lack...(in other words when you come home with food for it dont play with the rat before hand and get it's stink on yah :p)

104730786.jpg

MW, I finally saw the light w/ the large retiles.....there was a shop that closed down in the lower east side, I knew th eowner from going there alot and he just gave me a huge collection...my intent was to find them all homes but it was harder than I thought.....I ended up w/ 2 monitors (argus & aisian water), 1 Black and White Tegu, a true red tailed Boa, Albino Burmese Python, 3 rhino Iguanas, 2 green Iguanas, and about 20 different smaller lizards and such...the small ones were easy to find homes for....I even went to the Bronx zoo w/ my Burmese and they didn't want him...perfect specimen and they just turned up the offer to have him......they did take the water monitor and I dumped a few red eared sliders in the turtle pond....but the rest took like a year to find homes for...I kept the Tegu when I left NY...he died 4 yrs ago and the other lizards went to a few different places.....NONE were released into the wild......I'm a sucker for animals...they just can't stand up for themselves when being mistreated and say something about it....how the hell do you think I ended up w/ a ferret.......

This is why i don't play with snakes,i prefer not to see snakes,and this is why i don't go to a pet store.

i have the same snake but mine is abit smaller. I'm on another forum that talks about all types of reptiles. there a couple boas anacondas and reticuladed pythons. most of them have more then one. there are a few people who also have gators also.

this is the site. but its down at the moment
http://www.reptileforums.com/

Plaid, and everyone else. I think I need to better explain myself here because I think my sarcastic humor is being perceived as smart-ass remarks, and as is well known, perception equals reality.

I am in no way discounting those folks that keep reptiles as pets; be they lizards, snakes or what have you. Like Plaid, I am an animal lover by nature and were it not for my wife, zoning restrictions and outright financial limitations, I would presently be housing as many neglected and abused dogs and assorted animals as I could. It is no surprise to see me in the median of a major interstate trying to coax a stray dog into my truck without scaring him into oncoming traffic, so Plaid, I totally understand where you are coming from.

My intent was to merely joke around, and after reviewing my posts, I can absolutely understand where someone may have misinterpreted my words as being "smart-assish" (like that Tweak, I made up my own word too!) Sometimes, the written word lacks the context of the subject, and try as I might to make sure my intent is understood, I fail sometimes.

So, to Plaid and any other member I may have mistakenly offended or made to feel the butt of a joke, I offer my sincerest apology for the misperception my comments may have had.

You peepee!!!!!

I never took it in any bad way MW......I'm a sarcastic smart-assish person myself....

Back