STS New engine company, or old engine company?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Since 1977?

Anyways here is a new compitition .21 1/8 buggy racing engine.

2101.JPG

"The D21B engines are designed for highest level of competition performance. This engines is made with our years of engine making experience and technology. It is the perfect power plant for any demanding buggy car racer. It compromises cost and performance and you cannot go wrong with this newly released STS engines."

"Crankcase:

This STS newest .21 crankcase has been specially designed internally and externally for durable and performance. The weight has been kept to minimal. Molded by newest tech alloy material which has best cooling capacity and very strong.

crankcase1.JPG
crankcase2.JPG
crankcase3.JPG

Carburetor:

carb2.JPG
carb1.JPG
carb3.JPG

Piston/Sleeve/Conrod:

The C.N.C machined piston is made with highest grade of Al-Si alloy and it fits with precision to the sleeve to obtain the best performance. Brass sleeve with high quality chrome coating technology achieves highest performance and durable. The connecting rod is manufactured from high quality aluminum board (7075-T6). Its aerodynamic designed maximized internal gas flow and super light-weight. Special groove built in for best lubrication and reliable performance

sleeve.JPG
piston_sleeve_conrod.JPG
head%20button.JPG

Combustion Chamber:

This combustion chamber is redesigned for maximum igniting efficiency and performance. Fitted with most of normal/standard plugs on the market. (Turbo combustion chamber is optional)

Crankshaft:

The 14mm crankshaft is designed for best gas flow and durable. It is made with SUJ2 Bearing Steel to provide highest quality and durability.
crank.JPG

Heat Sink:

The D21B comes with a SUPER BIG cooling head. Multi-layer and grounded contact surface with head button allows efficient heat dissipation. Made with high density alloy for maximum cooling ability.

big%20head.JPG

"

Source: STS Engines TW

Street Price $240

Last edited:
Ok... I want to ask a question... I've got the hi speed bazooka and I know it's not race ready, but I've been studying the Kyoshos parts and they all seem to match up precisely except for the front end setup. Do you think it's worth me putting all the possible parts on to this rig, like diffs, servos and controler, and engine. I don't really want to spend 700 on a kit then have to put another 700 just to be able to race. I bought the bazooka for 315 and I have not driven it cuz I'm afraid people will laugh at me. I showed it to some pro's and they thought it could actually be a good comp buggy for it's price. Do you have any suggestions

Can't say that I ever heard of STS. I'll ask around.

rx7r695p, my suggestion would be to buy a nice engine, and radio set up. Run it in your Bazooka, get all the bugs (if any) worked out, and in the meantime save your $ for a new buggy kit. If you are happy with the Bazooka, then the hell with what anyone else says, but I wouldn't dump alot of $ in it if you can't transfer those things to another buggy until you are know if you like it, or not

PS What is this doing in a nitro engine thread?

I've heard of STS. One of the guys that I know at the LHS used them for a long time in his NTC3. Good engine and very reliable. Not the fastest, but very easy to tune.

I think I first saw an STS about 6 months ago. A guy had one on a Mugen, ar maybe it was a Serpent............. anyways, it was a real screamer. I like the looks of that connecting rod. Hey, on a different note, a guy (not an R/C guy) I work with said he saw an R/C engine that was rated at 90,000 rpm. I've seen speeds up to 45,000, but never what this guy was claiming. Is this guy right?

http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/engine/sts/d21b/sts-d21b.html
"STS from Tawian is making engines for model cars since 1977 as their logo clearly states.
Have you ever heard of this brand we at TEAM TWF8 did not.
But their products have been all over the world already!
STS produces engines for for example TRAXXAS USA and other OEM brands in Taiwan."

Yeah I've heard of TWF8, but don't know anything about them. If that is true STS makes engines for Traxxas, than I'm not buying one. I like my T-Maxx, but don't care for the 2.5

That Traxxas part surprised me also. Id say they make engine (or parts) to specs/plans supplied by Traxxas. I believe they have been making engines ad or parts for a number of different co's for some time.

Anyway put it this way. I purchased a STS D5 .12 engine at start of year. I am so happy with it my next two engines I purchaed where - a STS D21B and a STS D3R .12 :)

olds97_lss said:
Man... with all those ports in the sleeve, it should really go!

more ports dont always mean more power/speed! but yeah i agree that sleeve looks really nice, and so do the rest of the guts.

wow... lookin back 3 years and seeing the price of the mill. It has come down quite a bit. $145 is the common price now.

The RB modded one is $249. The price dropped a lot, only because there are better things now.

the RB modded engine is now known as the STS D21T MKII. Its designed to his specs.

Price dropped because they are easier to come by, and there is now competition between dealers. Just a few years ago, you could set the price to whatever you feel like making. Now, we set prices to remain competitive.

Last edited:
Back