Storm Avenger, what the hell happened

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I finally have news from my employee contact @ GS Racing.

Email from GS:

"Blazer,

I can assure you that GS Racing is in no financial trouble whatsoever. One thing is for sure though, the Avenger’s release date has been pushed back. “For What?!”, you may ask. Well let me fill you in on a little secret. The Avengers production cost has sky rocketed. We have been using NASA space age material that we have been getting off the black market. Because our distributor for that “A” grade metal alloy has been tracked down by the FBI, we can no longer continue with our plans with the new Avenger and its unknown, But extremely light and durable metal alloy. We have gone back to the drawing board and will offer the new Avenger with the traditional 7075 aluminum, carbon fiber, and plastic parts. Expect to see the Avenger released late summer to early fall.

GS Racing"

So your faithfull buggy newshound has delievered again!

talk amungst yourselfs.........

Last edited:
ty blazer, i eagerly await its release. pls continue to hunt for this info, its always awesome to hear stuff ure not supposed to

lol, that's a load of b/s. Getting nasa materials off the black market and admitting it to a outsider. lol. If this was a larger company, there'd prob. be a scandal or something. lol. :hammer:

(I'm not callin blazer the one w/ all the poop, I'm sayin GS are the ones with poop on their minds. lol)

Last edited:
haha.. at least the dude has a sense of humor :)

cvec7 said:
lol, that's a load of b/s. Getting nasa materials off the black market and admitting it to a outsider. lol. If this was a larger company, there'd prob. be a scandal or something. lol. :hammer:

(I'm not callin blazer the one w/ all the poop, I'm sayin GS are the ones with poop on their minds. lol)

I have actually known this guy for over two years and any GS info he gave me before was true. I do not have anyway to validate what he said but I do believe him. What's your explanation as to what happened cvec7? Everyone can believe what they want and take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt but I know my contact to be valid and true in what he tells me. Anyways it is good to hear that the Avenger will hit production later this year as I have been waiting for one!

i won't say its all a buncha b.s., but are you sure he wasn't just pullin yer leg? i have some very reliable resources as well but they have all been known at one time or another to mess with me. even if it means sending something like that just to make me wonder for a short while.

it would seem to me that a company with such a future wouldnt go to the black market for materials as its hard to know when supply would deminish. thats the bad thing about the black market- ya never know if what you are getting now will be available tomorrow.

like i said I'm not gonna say its total b.s. but i do smell a rat with that story.

I'm sayin the part I can't believe that A company such as GS would go on the black market and try to get nasa grade crap just to have one of the lightest buggies out.

LMAO Humboldt, this guy is obviously kidding with you. You are supposed to read it and laugh. Wait, don't laugh because the satellites that are spying on you while you're sitting at your computer might relay the footage to the C.I.A. where they can play it in reverse and make you sound like the DEVIL!!! The folks at G.S. might be slow getting the Avenger rolling but at least they have a good sense of humor.

Scary stuff. If you had one now, the FBI would be breaking down your door at 5 AM and confiscating all the black market NASA secret alloy parts on your buggy. Be thankful it was delayed.

yuck it up boys I know it is far fetched but ya never know, I would never imagine an Asian buisiness to do anything with the black market or under the table stuff, yeah that would never happen.

thats kinda crazy to think the fbi is out looking for black market metal,what makes it so black market,can you melt it and smoke it?,is it bullet proof?,can it do things no other metals do besides weight? damn thats crazy and to think they need to buy a poop load of it to start prodution of a buggy!!!its a good idea they back to the boards and use a more common metal/aluminum

spatulator said:
LMAO Humboldt, this guy is obviously kidding with you. You are supposed to read it and laugh. Wait, don't laugh because the satellites that are spying on you while you're sitting at your computer might relay the footage to the C.I.A. where they can play it in reverse and make you sound like the DEVIL!!! The folks at G.S. might be slow getting the Avenger rolling but at least they have a good sense of humor.
we can't even find osama how the hell they going to find blackmarket alloy...lol

guys comon now. humbold dont blelieve this junk. just tryin to make you. i mean before i got done reading the email i was pissin my pants. humboldt; it was a valiant attemt but i think they may be a tad skeptical.

Here, let me help edit the message so everyone can understand and read its importance:

"Blazer,

I can assure you that GS Racing is in no financial trouble whatsoever. One thing is for sure though, the Avenger’s release date has been pushed back. Expect to see the Avenger released late summer to early fall.

GS Racing"

The rest is what we, in the sales business, like to call "spinning". Yes, believe it or not, because you, the on-edge, dieing to see something, can't wait another second consumer would be asking why the push back of the release date needs some sort of explanation, the sales/marketing teams come up with creative stuff to make you either feel comfortable with the date or entertain you with the creative reasoning. Trust me - we do this all the time at my company.

Realistically, schiznit happens! Testing doesn't go right or the consumer test market found something wrong or didn't like something and its back to development, change and modification. I see it all the time. No big deal to me - I just wish we could give the boring answers some time.

That's my $.02!
PD2:cool:

HumboldtBlazer said:
We have been using NASA space age material that we have been getting off the black market. Because our distributor for that “A” grade metal alloy has been tracked down by the FBI, we can no longer continue with our plans with the new Avenger and its unknown, But extremely light and durable metal alloy.

ROFL that's the funniest thing I have heard all week.
Someone grab me a tissue, the laughter has turned to tears...

Last edited:
mmm, maybe that employee should get his head checked out...

HA! Black market metal alloy!

GS and NASA are 2 words I never thought I would see together. GS is out to "shock the world!"

Back