Stock Wheelies!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pee wee

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'v read in more than a few places that the stock engine dose not have enough power to pull wheelies but I'm pulling wheelies from a dead stop in the grass or concrete, sometimes I flip it over!!(20% top fuel) Is anyone had this much power out of the STOCK engine. All I'v done is put one extra shock spacer on each rear shock, put two ounce header tank on and leaned it out. I don't think I'm to lean it only runs 220-240. I'm new to the hobbie but have gone thru two gallon in two weeks!

You have gotta be lean as a mutha. What kind of temp guage are you using? I had my 21bb up to 260-270 and still couldnt pull a wheelie unless I hit a big clump of grass at the right time. But if your temps are true, thats awesome!!!:hehe:

I use a MIP on board temp 2 hope this thing is right or good buy engine:hehe:

Just be sure that the wire is right under the first fin of the head around the block. I just find it amazing that a stock 21bb can do wheelies at 230 degrees. Anyways have fun!!!

That's where it's at.

my truck has to be running perfect to even lift the tires let alone wheelie, it will only wheelie one out of ten times on pavement, on grass probably one out of every five times. and i run areound 250f all the time tested using a mip on board and a raytek infrared.

All I can say is this is the TRUTH on how mine runs. .Just seeing if anyone else was having this kind of luck with the stock engine. By the way my hsn is at just under three turns out and the lsn is somewhere around two turns out, msn is factory set this is what is working for me . I'm new to this so help me out if I'm doing something wrong.Thanks for your time.

I agree with deadbodyman all I did was compress the shocks and change the wheels to rpm clawz and an hpi air filter. Mine wheelies almost every time in grass and most times on pavement.

Back