Stirling Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc1347

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I’m going to get a Stirling Kit fuel model car set with Toyan FS-S100A engine. What do I need to get besides a body? Do bodies come with mounting hardware? Thank you.

Hello. I’m going to get a Stirling Kit fuel model car set with Toyan FS-S100A engine. What do I need to get besides a body? Do bodies come with mounting hardware? Thank you.
Never seen that kit before. Got a link?

Those kits are very DIY-heavy, you'll need to design a certain amount of it yourself along the way to get it together, like the body mounts.

Typically you'll mount posts to the frame and then cut small holes in the body that hold it in place with cotter pins. Where the posts are located on the model varies, as does the shape of the body and where you'll choose to support it, so the bodies usually come without any holes (unless they're being sold for a very specific model)

Those kits are very DIY-heavy, you'll need to design a certain amount of it yourself along the way to get it together, like the body mounts.

Typically you'll mount posts to the frame and then cut small holes in the body that hold it in place with cotter pins. Where the posts are located on the model varies, as does the shape of the body and where you'll choose to support it, so the bodies usually come without any holes (unless they're being sold for a very specific model)
Thanks for the info. What’s a good website for parts/misc. supplies?

Thanks for the info. What’s a good website for parts/misc. supplies?
I'm comfortable using aliexpress though I understand why others may not. You can find many of the same things on eBay or Amazon though there is something of a price premium, as they're basically reselling the items from aliexpress.

Here's a listing for some parts packages for that kind of crawler, bonus, it's for the 2-cylinder version of the engine instead of 1.

And here's the same with a body and more parts all bundled.

Doesn't that kit have required to finish list??