starterbox help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have the ofna blue w/ chrome top box. I've got it all set up with internal 12 v batt. but i still have the two loose wires. the instructions were bullshit and all, but i g0t it. anyways, it shows these two little cap type outlet thigns and u just slide them through the two holes on which ever side of the box u chose. when i do this and hook it all up it sparks like a m0fro. the instructions say do this but i think its grounding out. the box didnt come with any little grommets besides the one that goes in the front lower left (whats that hole for anyways..)... so uh.. any help like.. what should i use to "insulate" the two outlet things ( this is where i will charge batts from instead of just the two loose wires..

For starter box it don't have grounding point. Just connect the cable to your 12V battery = and - point.

I've been clipping my charger wires to the loose wires that run to the batt. i would ratherh ave these anchored to the box like in the directions. but everytime i add the negative and then the pos. or (vice versa) it sparks when the wire is added.

N0 way. omg. i JUST found something, i was gonna sit here and do it AGAIN and as i was unscrewing the wire clamp outlet thing part. the center plastic piece came into two halfs. this is where it keeps the metal off the box itself. hmmmm the neg is stuck together. ill pry it apart with pliers in a minute. uhm.. thanks anyways peeps.

Last edited:
yeah I've got the same starter box. The two wires are parallel to the ones that connect to your 12v battery and you can connect them to the two jacks on the side.

But like you, my starter box didn't like them being part of the circuit and sparked every time, so I've taped them off and I only use the two leads on the internal battery.

hope this helps.

yea like i said. the little outlet jack things, unscrew the double nuts with the little double holed "thing" and thne tap the center plastic part on something hard till it spltis in two. i assume urs stuck together too. anyways, after i figured it out, a guy on this other forum showed me some pics. I'm gonna post em here for everyone.

this is how i first did it. notice that the one wire is off? dont want it to spark do we?

and this is how u fix it, unscrew those nuts, and PULL.

If you disconnect the wires from those leads completely, how can you expect to use them??

'cos the wires run parallel to another set that connects directly to the internal 12v battery. The jacks are there for use with other leads/applications.

From the little I know about Starter Boxes I would have thought that the box would have some sort of transformer that you step the voltage down with to allow you to plug in your glow ignighter or some other device without the sparking problem.

But what do i know....:shrug: