Stall issue and idle issue car wont stay running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamnotsmart

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
On my car, it revs up and runs high for a few seconds then dies and sometimes i adjust it some and it idles for like 4 seconds then dies out and wont stay alive i don't know what to do please help it only stays alive if i keep reving and hold rev .

Last edited:
On my car, it revs up and runs high for a few seconds then dies and sometimes i adjust it some and it idles for like 4 seconds then dies out and wont stay alive i don't know what to do please help it only stays alive if i keep reving and hold rev .

How old is the car & how easy does the carb needles turn?

How old is the car & how easy does the carb needles turn?
its a fairly old car the engine is brand new just broke in and messed up the tune on accident but I've tuned it nice and it still wont idle good needles turn easily

Did you set the idle gap?

I've been trying and I've got it pretty good but i will try to adjust it again tommorow and will let you know more ill watch the video thank you i will see if that helps a little

I've been trying and I've got it pretty good but i will try to adjust it again tommorow and will let you know more ill watch the video thank you i will see if that helps a little

If the car is older than the engine ,then there is other things that may cause the issue that you described!

1. Make sure that the fuel tank holds tank pressure via from exhaust tube!
Make sure that the fuel tank cap has a good seal an does not leak!
That will cause the engine to run lean ,rev up an run unstable!

2. Make sure that the tank pressure tube is not plugged up from the muffler nipple or
if the tube simply slides in a hole in the muffler ,if it does ,pull the tube out an cut it at an angle
so it doesn't bottom out inside the muffler!

3.Make sure that your transmitters throttle trim is adjusted right in relation to the idle gap on carb
an not closing the carb completely off when you release the trigger/ refer to correct idle gap!

4. Make sure that you have a throttle return spring on the carbs throttle arm or lever!
Some people use a rubber band or a small metal return spring!

5. Check air leaks at the carb needles/most common when engines are old ,but needle o-rings
have been known to be bad new from factory!
I use sticky grease on old needle o-rings to help seal them!

I hope this info helps!..:thumbs-up::cool:

Back