Spur Gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Other than the mesh being wrong what could cause a spur gear to strip out, and is it a common thing for the spur to strip out. I am running a picco .26 maxx and traxxas spur and clutchbell. . .and what would be a worthwhile upgrade from the stock traxxas spur and clutchbell

Mesh is the main thing that comes to mind.. Could have your slipper too tight... Are you doing alot of jumping? Maybe landing while giving it alot of throttle....

What are you doing mostly with the rig?? Raceing or bashing??? I wouldn't go with a steel spur gear... Could tear out your trans...

I'm just a basher and lately i have been doing alot of jumping. . .i jumped over the bush in front of my house about 30 times yesterday and then today i went down to the local marina and was just running flat out for a while and i went to turn around and the engine just reved like a bat out of hell and didn't move and i knew right then and there i stripped out my spur gear.

I never had problems either till i started jumping.What happens i think is when you jump and land wrong or hit the motor when crashing it moves and now the mesh is wrong and before you know it stripped spur gear.I've had a spur gear last 2 years and never strip so i know it has something to do with jumping.But hey thats not going to stop me from doing it:D.

yea when jumping the motor bay area flexes when landing,throwing off the mesh abit thats why its striping i would say

and not to mention i don't have a landing ramp i am just landing on pavement so it makes perfect sense that thats what it is. . .thanx for all the help guys i really appreciate it

Back