Spur Gear stripped again

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshaw08

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok the problem started about a month ago when i went off a ramp and hit the ground the spur gear stripped, so i replaces it again then hit a bump and it striped again so i put another one on and then set the mesh for the first time and tightned up the motor mount really good so today i got it out and played with it about 20-30 mins and hit another ramp and i stripped again the original gear was a 38t this one is a 36t now i checked the mount and its not loose and neather is the trans si should i go with a metal integy kit

sounds like you are probably giving the truck too much throttle on the landing. How tight is your slipper clutch? It needs to be backed off i would say from fully tight 1/2 a turn to avoid breaking things on landings.

^ ya and try to not be on the gas as hard when landing. that will help from stripping it also. but def give your slipper clutch some slippage.

At LEAST a 1/4 turn out if not a full 1/2 as lifted suggested. Have you checked the tranny mount? You could have shifted it as well...

the slipper cluth when the trans was removed was completely rebuilt and the clutch was snuged up and back off half a turn and it might be because of the landing but would u recemond a stell kit

Could also be that your motor mount bolts arent staying tight which lets the motor move on landing and changing your mesh.

how big are these jumps you are jumping? I jump my revo everyday 5 foot up and 10ft out and have never had an issue with the stock parts.
Also as stated check your motor mount also you may have tweaked the frame on the first hard landing. The revo is a tough truck but can only take so much.

1-3 ft the mounts are tight but it could be that the spur has diff amount of teeth and has the origanal clutch

well 1-3ft should not be an issue. Check to see how close your air filter neck is to the spur gear. I am betting you have tweaked the chassis somehow.
The amount of teeth is not the concern but the pitch of the teeth is as stated above.

Last edited:
well the filter neck has been a problem when i go to put it on and the pitch on the is both 14.5 degrees I'm tired of it stripping on the gear i can't even play with it that much befor it strips it originally happened cause the controller batterys died and it went out of controll and hit a curb but that was the time the first one stripped

How do i check the chassis

you could check the chassis by, measuring corner to corner on your axle carriers and your wheelbase left and right side to see if there is a difference (and use the info on traxxas.com to get the dimensions it should be) this should help you out for checking if your chassis is tweaked.

i measured it it may be just about 1/64 of an inch but i think my problem might be my gassing it on a landing and the slipper clutch may be a hair 2 tight

Back