Some Crawler Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bit the bullet and ordered and SCX-10 from my lhs. I know that it's a scaler, but these questions are actually about the running gear:

1. Do you have to break in the axles? What is the how and the why of it?

2. Is there a suggested brushed motor (no. of turns, etc.)?

3. Is there a preferred gear ratio for casual climbing/bashing?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks in advance.

no you dont have to break in anything. just make sure every thing is greased really well (axles/trans). what esc and battery you running? a 35,45 or even 55t integy would be a great really cheap motor to get you going with a 12-14t pinion.

I was looking at running a 2s 3200 mAh LiPo. But nithing is written in stone yet except the SCX-10.

if you go with a sidewinder or mamba and havent bought the lipo yet, i would for sure go with 3s.

ya grab the mystery pack 3s 1500's off ebay they are 2 for 30 bucks. The seller is go market. Just make sure its 20C or more. You would have pretty good runtimes in a SCX I'm pretty sure with those packs they last comp axial rigs 30+ minutes.

good packs for sure but since wieght prolly isnt gonna be a huge concern of yours since its a scaler, the same seller has/had 2800mah packs for $40 for 2, i ran them on my scalers and you get over an hour of hard run time.

I use a 12t titan, with traxxas XL-5 waterproof, it scoots around pretty quickly, and i use a 2s 4000mah lipo.

In my SCX-10 I am going with a Sidewinder, Kyosho Magnetic Mayhem 22 turn 550, CCBEC and 3s lipo. I like the Sidewinder because it is cheap, works great, and has drag brake.

I liked some of Alpin's earlier suggestions in the General Chaos section, I got a Tazer. Actually, I got a Tazer ESC and 55t brushed Reedy motor, to start out. I can always add a brushless ESC and motor later. I'm still looking at getting a 2100 mAh 2s LiPo.

The SCX-10 should be in the store in about a week! I can hardly wait! Got some new lids to paint in the mean time.

good luck with the tazer.

yea, i burned up 2 tazers in mine with a silver can motor in about 1500mah 6c nim.

Back