So, i got my SCTE 3.0 up to 66mph

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcrawler67

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just for S&G's I put a skyrc GPS module on my SCTE 3.0 and did some speed runs. Not a favorable thing to do with a rig that's basically got a parachute for a body (especially my Subie body).
But, running it without the body, with a castlecreations.com MonsterX esc, 2200kv 1515 motor, 20t pinion on 6s.....

I achieved 66 mph.

Afterwards, when I got it home, I noticed that my tires were starting to come un-glued. They're 1/8th scale buggy tires, so I'm not sure how much it affected over-all speed. But, I'm VERY impressed with it. Btw, it weighs in at a full 9.5lbs loaded.

Screenshot_20230814-230955_RC Gears.jpg

Id say I'm impressed but I'm not my rr losi scte v1 has been doing 75 with 3 cells and stock traxxas goodyears for 10 years
3 cell 3500kv 120 amp esc Quark 23/41. tires have been thick ca on beads

losi sct.jpg

Id say I'm impressed but I'm not my rr losi scte v1 has been doing 75 with 3 cells and stock traxxas goodyears for 10 years
3 cell 3500kv 120 amp esc Quark 23/41. tires have been thick ca on beads

View attachment 170099
I just did the math. And, mathmatically, that's not possible. your 3500kv motor doesn't make enough rpm's on 3s to out match my motor on 6s. And the gear ratios are pretty damned close too. Assuming you have stock 10T diff gears, which are 35/9, there is NO WAY you're doing 75mph on 3s. Now, if you're talking Kph, I can see that. Because that's only 46 or so Mph.

Back