So, how much money have YOU wasted in rc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What engines did you buy that ended up duds?

the engines that my boat required from kyosho the gs21mr its a fail engine all 3 engines are hard starters and the bearings and pistons are shotty ay, hence the reason I'm hunting out a new brand engine

I've wasted money on BEER!

Some one told me if you lost money (, or "wasted") learning something the hard way...... well, that was just the cost of life's tuition.

Seems to be something the new batch of newbs are avoiding any way they can.

I had to pay a $30 stupid tax when I bought some Integy shocks for my RC-18t. That was the only waste IMO. Like the others, I, too have spent over $5000 on my stress relief in this hobby. At least this is my cheap hobby.

well i have been in the hobby for just over a year between my 3.3 revo having well over a grand in that (including fuel i have used) and i just bought a merv thats 300 bucks right there so in a year i would say prolly somewhere in the neighbor hood of 1500 bucks in figure. . .16 mos. Not one single cent was a waste, its not exaclty what you would call a "Cheap hobby" but its fun and a good stress reliever, ur stressed out, go to the "workshop" and as my wife says "tinker" till your calmed down, i look at it this way. . .its cheaper than a shrink.

Spent - close to 8k over the years.

Wasted - about 1000$. Two LRP Shark mico monsters, the two crappiest RC's ever made. I would rather have an all Integy Tmaxx. And 200$ on a used Rex-X buggy. Never bought a used RC after that one.

Actually, thinking about it, i did waste £160 on a Sprint VH-L1. It was my first proper RC car. What a waste of money. Never worked properly, then i broke the pull start and couldnt get a replacement. That put me off nitro. But now i know what the good brands are, so i may have to get another nitro :D

As far as waist goes? Mine, it's gotten big sense this hobby.
I have spent a bunch but just can't say I wasted it on RCs... well with the exception of buying two really cheap brand nitros but hell, I still had fun with them when they lasted.

Thanks for the feed bax you guys.......

There is waist of two sorts...... Let's examine them briefly, because brief posts rule. No, not underwear, .... over there!! Not those briefs, stay on topic!!!! (Did I say waist? I meant waste.)

I forgot what I was gonna say.......

............oh, yea!

Money wasted is a lot easier to occur when nothing is collected or piled up to show for.

Recreation versus material goods.

You could spend $1,600 on 32 rounds of golf in a year. That won't "pile up"
Bowling, 3 games $12.00 x 40 weeks $480.00 PER PERSON...(father and son= almost a $ grand) Nobody sees these games pile up, but if you spent as much on used DVD movies at a pawn shop at 4 movies for $12 dollars.... that will be 320 DVD movies to show for that bowling money you would have spent. Some body you live with will point this out to you, "look at that pile of DVD s you spent Cash on! We could have done blah blah... with that money...." But if you spent that money on bowling, nothing would be said because nothing of that money would there be anything left to show for it.

I think I might have made my point; I'm not sure. I might add more later.

Last edited:
this should be posted in the traxass forums for better response!!lol

this should be posted in the traxass forums for better response!!lol

LMFAO

Specifically the T-Maxx forum. :hehe:

Money wasted is a lot easier to occur when nothing is collected or piled up to show for.

Recreation versus material goods.

You could spend $1,600 on 32 rounds of golf in a year. That won't "pile up"
Bowling, 3 games $12.00 x 40 weeks $480.00 PER PERSON...(father and son= almost a $ grand) Nobody sees these games pile up, but if you spent as much on used DVD movies at a pawn shop at 4 movies for $12 dollars.... that will be 320 DVD movies to show for that bowling money you would have spent. Some body you live with will point this out to you, "look at that pile of DVD s you spent Cash on! We could have done blah blah... with that money...." But if you spent that money on bowling, nothing would be said because nothing of that money would there be anything left to show for it.

I think I might have made my point; I'm not sure. I might add more later.

Well put.

Although... my wife would argue this.... passionately, I have spent close to 7 to 8K in the 5 or 6 years I have been messing with RC. Personally I don't think I have ever wasted a dime... except like Lessen, I to bought a set of Integy Piggybacks and wish I hadn't. My wife does think I have gone a bit overboard... my collection is about 10 strong now. Time is the biggest thing I don't have right now. The time and money I have spent though has been well worth it.

Money wasted....none.

Money spent....never enough!