Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Rit dye is what you want! I don't think that chassis was ever offered in black but a lot of people have dyed them. I always use the powder but I'm sure the liquid is just as good. Strip and clean the chassis then dye it black.

Last edited:
Had my first break today!...managed to pull the rod end off of the left rear aluminum toe link. Screwed it back on everything seem ok, I'm going to have to add that to my parts list for next week!, along with assorted pinions/spurs, new wing, bodies (revo/SCT), and proline road rage combo

Might just switch back if I start to notice a pattern down the road.

I'm wondering if there's a stronger steering servo for the MERV, what can I replace the stock one with?

I think the best is a hitec hs-85?? I can't remember what was on mine. it was an 82 or 85.

That's what I was thinking thanks, although savox has some interesting micro servos as well.

Last edited:
So has anyone heard anything good about GPM, I'm thinking I'll do alloy bulks, F&R chassis brace, steering arm post, alloy shocks, rocker arm set, alloy steering assembly, dual alloy servo horns, stiff springs, a full bearing kit (r/c screws or the toyz), and helical cut diffs by hot racing.

Any info would be great!.......also red or blue?,

I think the best is a hitec hs-85?? I can't remember what was on mine. it was an 82 or 85.

:DSo I was going to order a pair when I noticed there's a HS-85BB, and a HS-85MG, am I correct in assuming I want the HS-85MG? MG=metal gear?

Also I see hitec has a micro waterproof servo (HS-5086WP), but I can't seem to find a place to order it from.:D

:DSo I was going to order a pair when I noticed there's a HS-85BB, and a HS-85MG, am I correct in assuming I want the HS-85MG? MG=metal gear?

Also I see hitec has a micro waterproof servo (HS-5086WP), but I can't seem to find a place to order it from.:D

ebay is good

Yup, had no choice i wanted them enough to order them from gonitrohobbies on ebay.

Which micro servos can be mounted for dual steering servos, I wanna try it with an extra traxxas 2080, but I hear that they have a slight resistance to each other, like they don't exactly line up...how could I fix this?. By the way I think I burned up my first stock servo, the MERV stopped turning left so I checked and the servo was hot!

^^ I can most likely dual mount those for steering. I was leaning towards a pair of HS-5086WP just for the water resistance factor.
Got this notion from watching those damn sqirrlod? YouTube videos

You can dual mount if you want, I had dual stockers and they didn't last anytime at all even though I took the time to set them up properly. I much prefer one servo personally, and feel there is no need for duals.

It's better to use a single servo as has been posted. My 5th scale Baja 5b only uses a single servo.

Single servo is the way to go, if the servos are off the tiniest bit they'll be fighting each other and at least one will burn up. If you decide to go with the dual mount, make sure you take the time to set them up right and make sure they don't get tweaked while bashing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's interesting enough to try with a pair quality servos at least once if not twice, if I notice one getting warm ill go back to a single set up.

On the other hand I'm haggling for another MERV on ebay. The guy wants $400, it has a bunch of upgrades, most interestingly it has a castle sidewinder 3 5700KV motor/ESC combo, also dual servos.

On the other hand I'm haggling for another MERV on ebay. The guy wants $400, it has a bunch of upgrades, most interestingly it has a castle sidewinder 3 5700KV motor/ESC combo, also dual servos.

New merv with brushed system and big block mount $214.00

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDLST**&P=ML

New Castle sidewinder 3 $110.00

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAVN&P=7

$40.00 off through tower hobbies = $284.00 plus shipping for everything new!

I hope there's a butt load of hop ups to justify paying $400.00!!!

I offered 300, the seller hasn't replied yet

---------- Post added at 7:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:36 PM ----------

Other than what I mentioned, just front RPM a-arms, Titus beadlock tires, stock tires, a pair of 2s lipos, and one 3s lipo.

Back