slipping diffs on the arrma kraton

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason.d

RC Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone else seen that the diffs are often slipping on their arrma kraton, and if so do you know what the case is. also can you buy gaskets by themselves?

thanks heaps

I have had the same issue in different cars but the diff case was plastic and the imput where the axle slides in was broke. Sorry if that didn't help.

All my BLXes suffer from slipping issues. I would recommend new ring and input gears and a package of diff shims. If possible the diffs need to be shimmed snug but not tight, every millimeter of tooth overlap is worth its weight in gold. EXB diff/ring gears handle power much better.

I have had the same issue in different cars but the diff case was plastic and the imput where the axle slides in was broke. Sorry if that didn't help.
thanks for the reply, i think that the pinion gear was worn out, mabey this could help you as well?
All my BLXes suffer from slipping issues. I would recommend new ring and input gears and a package of diff shims. If possible the diffs need to be shimmed snug but not tight, every millimeter of tooth overlap is worth its weight in gold. EXB diff/ring gears handle power much better.
thanks, i just went to the hobby shop and that is exactly what they said!, thanks for the reply, 👍

Also check the bearings for play and out drives for being worn while your in there. You might be able to play with heat treating it. I do that to my overpowered 1/16 scale.

thanks for the reply, i think that the pinion gear was worn out, mabey this could help you as well?

thanks, i just went to the hobby shop and that is exactly what they said!, thanks for the reply, 👍
For me the pinion gear was worn out and I needed to get aluminum diff cover as well. Thanks, it sure helped a lot. I did not know that the gear would be worn out until you said so.

Since you found out the diff pinion gear is worn, I'd probably have a diff ring gear on hand to compare with what you aready have. Also, don't forget to check the diff ring/pinion gear egagement when putting things back together. Especailly if not replacing both gears with new ones at the same time.