Slash 4x4 setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ischilk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I ran my 4x4 slash a section of our mx track that is perfect for slash. Seemed to be a little unstable and get out of shape easy in the fast straight which wasn't that rough. What weight shock oil front and rear and other adjustments over stock should be made. Need a little more top speed and could clear the table and double.

What batts you running?

I run a 2cell lipo 5000mah 35c and mine is fast... but i only use to race at the tracks..

I'm usine 70wt in front shocks and stock 50wt in rear.

Also I'm usung 10000wt dif lube in front and back but I'm thinking about going up to 20000wt b/c I'm running 3s 5000mah lipos and a 16 tooth pinion and its scary

Also u can try a pc of nitro gas tube inside your shock about 1/4 in that will keep the suspension from squating to far and help stability.

If u are going to buy lipos id stick w/ 2s 3s is pretty ignorant. they sent my truck on a trip to scary town. Were talkin 16 tooth pinion and 3s 5000mha can't keep it straight w/out being very careful

The air lift is crazy. Sent me 40ft on my lid @ about 50+mph

And if you dont step the throttle down it will take you on an uncontrolable trip to spin city.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to reign it I'm so its not so stupid. I understand your finger is the number 1 thing. But anything else?

Torque steer is crazy and it will break loose even @ 3/4 finger.

I'm usine 70wt in front shocks and stock 50wt in rear.

Also I'm usung 10000wt dif lube in front and back but I'm thinking about going up to 20000wt b/c I'm running 3s 5000mah lipos and a 16 tooth pinion and its scary

Also u can try a pc of nitro gas tube inside your shock about 1/4 in that will keep the suspension from squating to far and help stability.

If u are going to buy lipos id stick w/ 2s 3s is pretty ignorant. they sent my truck on a trip to scary town. Were talkin 16 tooth pinion and 3s 5000mha can't keep it straight w/out being very careful

The air lift is crazy. Sent me 40ft on my lid @ about 50+mph

And if you dont step the throttle down it will take you on an uncontrolable trip to spin city.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to reign it I'm so its not so stupid. I understand your finger is the number 1 thing. But anything else?

Torque steer is crazy and it will break loose even @ 3/4 finger.

What size spring preload collars do you have in yours.

What size spring preload collars do you have in yours.

Your Pre load collars depend on how your truck sits. When it is at its normal stance (When you set it down on the table) the axles should set parallel w/ the ground. If thats good you are good. Make sure and check it after you run a few charges b/c it may start to sink as the suspension breaks in and sets up.

Hope i answered your question if not let me know and ill look into it.

Went with 3s lipo's. Thing is crazy fast. Still not happy with suspension, little rough and it's all over. Likes to loop out jumping with 3s if not careful with throttle.

Back