Shouldn't the right (smaller)gear have some longer teeth?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
20240103_134035.jpg
The teeth of the right gear are shorter than those of the big left gear. The teeth of the right gear also seem thinner than those of the left, resulting in some play. Does this hurt the FG?

Last edited:
look Dirty. clean.
Great idea, imma do it rn👍
Remove both gears see if they have part # . check with manual .
The big left gear is 100% surely the stock FG6048 as I ordered it myself.
The small right gear does not look very original: The 6046 from the exploded view has 14 teeth, the one I have got 16🤦‍♂️

Great idea, imma do it rn👍

The big left gear is 100% surely the stock FG6048 as I ordered it myself.
The small right gear does not look very original: The 6046 from the exploded view has 14 teeth, the one I have got 16🤦‍♂️
Doesn't necessarily matter that it has 2 extra teeth as long as both gears are the same gear pitch and its not overheating anything.

See if they have part # . check with manual
I realised I'll have to take the engine off tomorrow anyway because of a other reason, but after atleast the 10 times that I removed the engine I don't remember seeing a part number on the right small gear

I realised I'll have to take the engine off tomorrow anyway because of a other reason, but after atleast the 10 times that I removed the engine I don't remember seeing a part number on the right small gear
Check on the exploded views of it online 😁

you can definitely see the larger gear on left is chewing the smaller gears sides...so 2 different pitch gears.youll never clean this but whatever !

.youll never clean this but whatever !
I'll take that challenge
you can definitely see the larger gear on left is chewing the smaller gears sides
I'll order the original 14t gear, though the final drive ratio will change. I never heard the engine rev up that high as when with wheels off the ground and I full-throttle it for 1 sec. so it might've been undergeared all this time

General RC rule: what to do when one RC doesn't work? Buy a second one while the parts are shipping😁
I don't think the previous guy liked cleaning his RC that much
20240108_161528.jpg
20240108_142116.jpg
20240106_221932.jpg
20240106_221910.jpg

View attachment 178251The teeth of the right gear are shorter than those of the big left gear. The teeth of the right gear also seem thinner than those of the left, resulting in some play. Does this hurt the FG?
There are several different pitch gears out there. This large looks to be 1.0 m? And small looks like possibly 1.5? They should mesh perfectly when same pitch. Now also if one is quality and one cheap, like a $3 clutch from China, could have same pitch and one have shorter teeth. Robinson best place to get gears. Hands down.

Back