Servos?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopSt1x94

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what r the best throttle/brake servos for the revo. Please be reasonable about the prices; I'm not spending $1,000,000,000,000 on something that is as big as a quarter. ;P

Someone suggested a futaba...

Well... for some reason, my revo's brakes sucked. So, I went with the overkill route just to get them to work consistently. I ran a single servo for steering, which was a hitec 985MG ($70) and I ran a 645MG for t/b. It did an ok job, but I got it wet bashing in snow and cooked it. The 985MG has built in o-rings, so I bought another and used it for the t/b. Worked great. Fast, high torque, sealed, not really expensive (not cheap for me though either).

Not sure .03 would be all that noticable unless your a pro and it's on-road...

I'd go with the 985 anyway since it can be used as a steering servo if need be and a standard cheapy can be thrown on the t/b in a pinch.

Hey ChopSt1x94,
Sorry for all the jibber jabber... if you do go with either the 965 or 985, keep in mind the servo horns on the truck won't work with them. You will have to finagle something with the horns that come with it. Which can be a bit of a pain. Or you can take the easy route and go with a decent futaba servo like the S3305. Or, if you want to go with the 965 or 985, traxxas makes horns that fit hitec servos as well that will work directly without fabbing up new linkage:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGB3&P=7

thanx so much guys. i ended up getting the futaba cuz i didnt want to screw with the horns. works like none other.