Servo problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markaagent

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So after we totally wrecked our typhon 3s we did a new chassis, new motor mount, new turnbuckles all around, a few shocks, new servo arm

Now our steering is tight and barely steering, my guess is the servo took a hit in the accident and needs to be replaced, how can I be for sure, maybe I didn’t install the arm correctly but it seems right
Can the alignment be thrown off?

IMG_5603.jpeg

Does the steering linkage move freely without the servo hooked up? Did the servo saver crack? Sometimes it's hard to see a broken saver.

Always check if everything moves freely with the servo disconnected mechanically. Check if the servo works OK while you're at it. Use your fingers to load it slightly.

So after we totally wrecked our typhon 3s we did a new chassis, new motor mount, new turnbuckles all around, a few shocks, new servo arm

Now our steering is tight and barely steering
What are you describing? Is the linkage without servo attached hard to turn or issues with turning while connected?

maybe I didn’t install the arm correctly but it seems right
Can the alignment be thrown off?
Did you center the servo before attaching the servo arm? You need to turn on rx/tx to power up servo so it centers itself before attaching arm.

Thanks for trying to help guys
I disconnected the servo arm from the body and left it connected to servo, still trouble turning left like it’s stuck but it’s not, saver is fine, I’m just going to upgrade the servo I guess it’s time to drop a fresh one in there, any suggestions? Servo wise

How much you wanna spend on it? The 35kg Amazon servos are good budget servos. Should do fine in a 3s Typhon. Though Spektrum servos are typically 23t spline, and the common spline is 25t. So you'll have to get a different servo saver, like a Kimbrough.

Otherwise there's all kinds of servo options from cheap junk to 2nd mortgage your house kinda prices. Protek, Savox, Hitec, Tekin, Reefs, etc all make good servos. You pay for torque and speed. The faster and stronger they are, the pricier they get.

Last edited:
Back