Schumacher cut stagger low profile - Glue down side wall

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithmcd

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering what's people process is for gluing down the side wall of the schumacher cut stagger's low profile.

The purpose of applying CA on the sidewalls is to take away some grip in high traction conditions to prevent traction rolls. It's a very simple process, spread glue with any disposable applicator you prefer, business card or part bag hanger, etc. Re-apply as necessary when the glue flakes off.

Jconcepts offers another product to stiffen the sidewall to achieve the same effect:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconce...r-sidewall-support-adaptor-4-jco2734/p1382922

I have also learned to clip 1-2 rows of pins with toe nail clippers (or lexan scissors) from the front tires as my preferred method to tune my tires for optimal grip. It's a lot easier to trim the pins before you mount the tire. It takes trial and error to figure out how many rows of pins to remove. Back when I use to race 4WD SCT I had to remove 4 rows of pins so the front tire looked like mowhawks, ha! I would also go back with a dremel to sand off the nubs to make sure my trim pattern was consistent so not to get any odd grabs in a corner.

1692363086223.png

Back