Savage XL w/ Slayer body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I forgot I had a unpainted slayer lid until I was cleaning up. The Slayer was sold some time ago so I thought it might look pretty cool if I could get it to fit the XL. So I trimmed it up around the wheel wells and raised the body posts up. Didn't have any fender rubbinbg going on so I painted it over the weekend. It looks better when the XL is in action. Something different then the stock body. The other RC is my Kyosho STRR truggy. I didn't think the XL was that much bigger then the truggy until I looked at some of the pictures side by side. I just took the Axial .28 & .32 engines out of these rcs and put the LRP Z.28R in the truggy and an OS 30VG in the XL. In case anyone noticed they were clean, that is the reason. lol

06.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

010.jpg

00.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

There are more photos at this link if interested.

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc316/GuyJor/014 Savage XL/?start=all

I really like the looks of that.

Low and mean.

that looks sweet....i'm so trying on my LST2 if it will fit after the xxl conversion...anybody got a length on the body?

that looks sweet....i'm so trying on my LST2 if it will fit after the xxl conversion...anybody got a length on the body?

I had some spare time last winter and went overboard editing some photos of the stock slayer body with measurements. You should get what you need from the pictures in this thread. If you looking for the measurements of the slayer body that is.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17020&highlight=Slayer&page=2

Thanks guys. The more I've run the XL with that body the more I am liking it. Started out as a so so look for me, but it keeps looking better with additional scratches and some dirt on it.

that looks cool!!
is the slayer bod much bigger than the slash?

surprisingly....... that looks BAD ASS!!

Sorry I made a mistake.

It wasn't until the savagefan04s question that made me realized that this isn't the Traxxas Slayer body. I bought this so long ago as an impulse buy at the LHS and when I got it home I took it out of the package. So no packaging to look at for what kind it was. I had to do some comparing of bodies out there to find out which one I bought. Sorry for any confusion but it appears the body I have is the Proline Desert Rat for the Slash. Here it is in this link.

http://www.prolineracing.com/p-600-desert-rat-clear-body-for-slash174.aspx

The slayer and slash desert rats look almost identical. Except the slash has the two fans located down at the end of the body and the slayer desert rat has the two fans up next the the hood of the cab. Details, details.......

The theads subject line should be

Savage XL w/ Proline Desert Rat for the Slash body....

The bodies for the Slayer are larger. Atleast according to the specs that tower has listed for the two bodies.

Desert Rat for the Slash specs are

SPECS: Length: 520mm (20.5")
Wheelbase: 320mm (12.6")
Width: 240mm (9.4")
Height: 145mm (5.7")

Desert Rat for the Slayers has these specs list

SPECS: Length: 22" (558.8mm)
Width: 12" (304.8mm)
Height: 6" (152.4mm)

At first I was thinking "Oh God, a Traxxas Slayer body on a Savage. What a disgrace.", but now looking at it, it looks really kick ass! Great creativity man!

lol Never thought of it that way until now. It could of been a real disaster.

thats a mean looking body.... nice paint job aswell
good work man