Savage X Throttle and Uprights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So Far I am Loving my savage, and I am impressed by the durability of it, but I seem to be breaking one piece over and over!

The Uprights or C hub and the knuckle seem to be the weakspot.

I've broken 2 or 3 Uprights and one knuckle I think so far, and I haven't even gone huge on the air or any thing major except that tree stump once.

Is that the weak spot on the Savage or am I getting the last of the used parts?

I Just check again today and remembered I never did get the throttle linkage set up right on my os 30,I only get about 3/4 throttle I can get pics If They are needed, but I will try to explain best I can.

When I hit full throttle on the transmitter I only get about 3/4 throttle on the carb because Of the way that the carb sits in there.

At around 3/4 throttle The barrel on the Carb hits the fuel tank, I can twist the Carb so it doesn't hit the fuel tank, but It's only sitting about .5-1.0 mm away from rubbing on the spur gear nut.

So I'm stuck between a nut and a fuel tank with only around 3/4 throttle.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated!
I will try to get pics tomorrow when it's back together.

Damage so far-
-Lost about 5 or 6 screws, replaced them and lost them again.
-Bent and twisted chassis because of the lost screws( my fault I should Have used loctite)
-Bent one shock shaft, that I know of at least..
-Hit mid throttle and stripped a spur gear.
-Just took truck apart to fix spur, and the engine plate is bent along with one of it's supports.
-2 uprights and one knuckle broken. I think that's right, I lost count.
-Several stripped screws. These duratrax drivers are worn out!
-Broken skidplate support.
-And a couple other minor things

Last edited:
Thanks for your response, but that is my ploblem, I can't rotate the carb either way.

If I rotate it clockwise it will hit the spur gear nut(It is sitting about 0.5-1.0 mm away from the nut now)

If I rotate it counterclockwise it will hit the fuel tank even sooner, at say probably 1/2 throttle.

I still haven't been able to get pics yet because it it still in so many peices, but I will try soon.
Thanks again!

Back