Savage x or ss

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it safe to say the SS version has better parts stock compared to the X? I see the only benefit is that the x comes with big bores and bullet proof diffs, but I read somewhere the ss has those also

The SS does not come with BP diffs and big bores. In my experiance the silver so called HD diff cups and dogbones are weaker than the standard black ones. The RTR is the way to go if you want to run right out of the box. Just go over the truck with a fine tooth comb and make sure all the screws are tight and nothing's missing.

In order to widen the truck to XL specs all I need are the axle extenders right?

I can confirm the SS does nto come with BP diffs or Big Bores. IDK about the XL. I've never had one

that's fine I found out that's its only the X rtr version that has the bp diffs

The SS also comes with a steel spur gear.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

He has a ton on money wrapped up in those Fastlane hop ups and the LST2 shocks which is nice although Id ditch the aluminum arms personally. The thing that has me concerned with it is if you look at the second picture (the shot of the front end) the bumper or maybe even the chassis appears to be bent so id ask about that before bidding on it just to get the scoop before shelling out cash on it. The LRP .28 is a good enough engine if its really as new as he says. As much money as hes put into it though I'm surprised he cheaped out on the junky Solar brand servo. If you buy it Id look at replacing it. The Radio is a decent little budget radio but nothing to get overly excited about. Id definitely consider buying it but I dont think Id go much over $450 or $500 personally

Thanks for the quick reply. I didnt even notice that on the front end. I sent the seller a message about it but I doubt he will answer in time. I guess ill be passing on this truck also.

Back