Savage with OS.30

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaCountSavag

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My Savage 25 I believe is in need of a rebuild. Rather than buying a $55 rebuild from ebay, i thought i might get the OS .30. What I'm wondering, is if i get the os.30 would my flywheel and clutch bell and so forth fit on that engine?
I appreciate any response, thank you

Yep, the OS is pretty much plug and play. If I remember right your roto-start or pull start backplate will bolt on with just some minor Dremel work around the exhaust port side.

OS .30 is a great motor with lots of low end. I found mine didn't rev up as fast as some others but for durability and good old fashioned torque, it was great.

Which is best for my savage 25? Rebuild kit... $55. OS .30. $189.99. or pico .28. $185.99? i want basically low end power. I'm not interested in a speed faster than stock.

I would go with the bigger engine,I ran my .25 for long time before finally replacing it. It really is worth it and you're gonna get more speed whether you want it or not with a bigger engine. Either of those will give you what you want but I'd give an edge the OS for low end torque.

OS .30 is a great motor with lots of low end. I found mine didn't rev up as fast as some others but for durability and good old fashioned torque, it was great.

Yup I got the same impression on my OS30. 4 gallons on it and it still has a tight pinch, and I've ripped it up quite a bit. I agree, GREEEEEAT low end, fizzles out on the top side. Kinda a Perfect Basher Engine IMO.

They are a great basher engine. Mine sits on a shelf since the Savage it was in is tore down and I am not running any nitro for about 3 months when it warms back up. I always loved the low end power it had, very smooth engine.

They are a great basher engine. Mine sits on a shelf since the Savage it was in is tore down and I am not running any nitro for about 3 months when it warms back up. I always loved the low end power it had, very smooth engine.

Mines been kinda in the same state. I shelved it after grabbing a ZR30X BUT it too is being put in my other Savage that will be my Basher as it too is being put together for summer.

Prepare for a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An os 3o on a savage is wheelie poppin aminmal. Good luck

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLWdtDMoqqs"]Assassins OS30VG Savage XL crazy long wheelie - YouTube[/ame]

I wish I could get a wheelie like that out of my Savage. I have the power,just that it pulls hard to right every time and I haven't been able to sort out the problem yet.

yeah i have a problem wheelieing too.. when i go to wheelie it goes from one wheel to the other.. i hate it.. I'm using the savage wheelie bar with the single wheel in the middle like the flux.. and it seems to bounce from one wheel to the other and cause it to flip. any ideas on how to fix this?

yeah i have a problem wheelieing too.. when i go to wheelie it goes from one wheel to the other.. i hate it.. I'm using the savage wheelie bar with the single wheel in the middle like the flux.. and it seems to bounce from one wheel to the other and cause it to flip. any ideas on how to fix this?

Savage X, XL?

What wheelie bar, engine, spring set up, and CB/spur combo are you running?

savage x 4.6 bone stock.. the wheelie bar i have it the one that comes with the flux.. part number 85245.. not sure what gear it has as i never took t apart. stock shock settings.

Yep,I have those issues too. Mine is the Savage 25 platform running an STS.28,the HPI wheely bar,15/47 gearing and HPI black springs on the inner shocks/triple rate springs on the outer shocks with 40wt oil. Right now it doesn't matter what the problem is,I'm not expecting to be able to run it any time soon.

I run mine every day lol or at least i try to.

savage x 4.6 bone stock.. the wheelie bar i have it the one that comes with the flux.. part number 85245.. not sure what gear it has as i never took t apart. stock shock settings.

That wheelie bar is not too good a wheelie bar for the application, its more for not flipping over backwards, not meant to ride out wheelies.

The Integy Evo4 (not the Evo3) is what I run for looooooooong wheelies on pavement. It has a few adjustments and depending on if your running a XL or X will vary what position rides wheelies best for you.

Also gearing down helps with the dancing while riding the wheelie., but kills top speeds, so more recommended for 3spd, not 2spd where the loss will be more noticeable.

Integy stuff usually doesn't last long so thats why i got the savage one. Sometimes i can get it just right. But if i stay on the wheelie bar for too long i usually end up on my lid

Integy stuff usually doesn't last long so thats why i got the savage one. Sometimes i can get it just right. But if i stay on the wheelie bar for too long i usually end up on my lid

The Evo4 bar from Integy is actually pretty good, just as many of their stuff,certain things though you need be careful with.

I have one on my Savage RR & another on my Savage X 2011, both have held up to beatings ;)

You have to keep in mind always many if not most peoples problems with parts is more user error,than defective parts.

The Evo4 bar from Integy is actually pretty good, just as many of their stuff,certain things though you need be careful with.

I have one on my Savage RR & another on my Savage X 2011, both have held up to beatings ;)

You have to keep in mind always many if not most peoples problems with parts is more user error,than defective parts.

Ya that true too. Il look into getting one.