savage TURN BUCKLE PROBLEM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenwing7

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I think this is the part that I am talking about, its the piece that is adjustable and keeps the rear tires straight and allows the front ones to move
well what the problem is I think I may have crashed it too hard one too many times cause the plastic part on each end that attaches to the ?ball stud? is no longer round, its becomming an oval in a hurry and seems like it wants to fall off now. my ? is what are some upgrade ones or something that can be done to fix this problem

Not sure if it can fix your problem but some guys use washers on the ends. If it were me, I would go with this set. It has served me well and have yet to pop off after plenty of abuse.

honestly you can change the ball ends only as it is cheap enough. Or you can get the Lunsford upgrade...Best thing to do IMO. Get the Turnbuckles and hingepins!

Jon, you ever have trouble with the hinge pins that come stock? Mine are still straight as arrows and I check them often since I rebuild the front and rear ends after every other run or right before a race.

Nope I just upgraded mine since Iwas building it up. I have them if my titanium ones ever get trashed. the whole set...actually two I think.

I just put washers on all of mine, i race, so it worx. Do it, to all of them and it wil save u some headaches while ur in the middle of a rcae and it pops off.

hummmm...... washers I will try this what size is good, since you all have them I will be lazy and ask
thank you for the response

I went with the lunsford. Easier to adjust as well if your running stock. I hated that you had to detach one end just to adjust it. With the lunsfords, they have opposing threads, so you can just turn the turnbuckle without removing anything (imagine that).

I ran the stock ones for about 4 tanks. After having them pop off 3 or 4 times, I bought the lunsford ones from skymaxx. Considering I bought the truck from him, I figured I might as well give him more dough... it was worth it.

For size, i didnt really know what size, i just looked at some washers that i had layin around and made sure that they were a little bigger than the head of the bolt, so that way the plastic cannot slide over.

I used the 3mm washer.. It works greta.. Issues from doing this mod is that the plastic actually folds over.. Its never going to pop off or break but you will get sloppy set ups.. I actually prefer this over it poping off so I use this set up on all my trucks with the stock links..

i used small zip-ties and tied them around the nut and the screw worked good. when my stock ones broke it broke the 2 shock bottoms as well. i got some gmps arms for $18 shipped. they have ti one for about 25 shipped rcm hobby or something of that nature.

Back