Savage Pics!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here they are:

Slideshow Here

Gallery Here!

Enjoy!

I already swapped out the on/off switch with a Futaba switch for my 5 cell hump pack, and it also has a charging jack. This is prob the #1 mod to do out of the box in my opinion.

Also, I am going to remove the throttle return spring since I installed a failsafe off the bat. The TRS is known to be a little too strong and can prevent a fully open carb.

Thats it for now!

Lookin good. One tuff truck.
What do you think of the gastank and linkage handing out the side? Seems as if it my be a bit vulnerable.

The tank is 'soft' mounted which I think will actually be a plus. I have broken 3 TMaxx tanks already because of the hard mounting, so only time will tell.

The linkage arm on the outside 'might' be vulnerable but it would have to be something popping up from the ground to take it out. Everything for the most part is VERY well protected.

This thing is ALL BEEF!

All I can do is drool...that is a nice looking piece of hardware.

The air filter looks kind of small for a .21. I wonder how well it breathes. I'm thinking you can probably find a way to move that linkage inside the roll bar to remove any chance of ground objects killing it (even though it would have to be a pretty big ground object to reach up under the truck that far).

So far, I like what I see.

I think the linkage could be routed up and over the top but not straight through. I dunno.... I'm thinking it would have to be a freak accident to take it out though. That handle on top should protect everything up high. I am going to try and have a center skid fabricated though.

Keep you posted.

Ill begin break-in on Saturday! IN THE SNOW!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The springs ARE soft but the dynamic of how they will perform is the key. There is a BOATLOAD of suspension travel and the CG rolls WITH the turns.

Indeed I may look to get some slightly heavier springs and change out the oil for jumping, but on a racetrack, this this would destroy a maxx because of this setup. My XXX-NT powerslides with the same concept. Low CG and High Suspension. This is the same thing just much bigger.

There should be some new pics in that gallery today that will show you the suspension being worked to its extreme.

-Chris

Back