Savage FLM and IRC build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you end up doing with your linkages? I did helicopter linkages on mine and they have zero slop or friction. Stuff is silky smooth.

DSCN0275.jpg

Funny you say that , I did pick up some Dubro Safety Lock Kwik Link for the brake's and Ofna Servo Linkage Kit OFN10724 for the plastic ball cup and ball for the throttle link , I'll get to that this week end and post a pic

I moved my hobby room around and I seem to have misplaced my ofna linkage kits and rods and being I liked frickenjoey set up I picked up some similar linkage connecters and some new rods and I broke down and ordered the Hitec HS-7940TH High-Voltage High-Speed servo for the throttle brake

Being as picky as I am I had a hard time placing the 6.6v pack in the FLM build so I moved the 6v savox servo's to the IRC build the 6.6v pack fits the cen RX box like a glove , allso did a little to the linkage , I still need to do a little more bending and fire up the radio and tune the end point
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

Today my servo came in so I installed it on the FLM build and played around with my servo tester , now I just need to read the book for the PL4 and do a final set up on the link's and spring's
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Both are looking great man!

What are your thoughts for mounting the battery? I used a Rush box and went on the front of the shock tower

photo23_zps57aeb602.jpg

photo41_zpsd4408005.jpg

I'm not sure how I like it there just yet....

Both are looking great man!

What are your thoughts for mounting the battery? I used a Rush box and went on the front of the shock tower

photo23_zps57aeb602.jpg

photo41_zpsd4408005.jpg

I'm not sure how I like it there just yet....

I did pick up a rush box to mount just like that but I got to thinkig , sence I plan on hitting some bigger jump's like say a sheet of ply would over the bed of my S10I may need that space to absorb a bad landing hit :hehe:.
I allso upgraded my battery pack's to 6.6v and 7.4v and they are bigger and do not fit most of my battery box's , I just pick up 4 differnt battery box's but so far the cen box is the only one that will hole them , I just may be mounting a cen box on the side on the FLM build if it don't take me to far of balance when flying them :hehe:
that is a great looking truck you have as well , likin that big bore set up

A 7.4 venom pack will fit in there juuuust fine ;)

The LST setup works well. I only just had it running last weekend for the first time, took some intentional nose dives to test the box/cage and its in great shape.

Waiting for spring to break in the ERCM modded LRP 30, and since the pics have installed his pipe. Sooo loud, and its a side bleed. Love it

A 7.4 venom pack will fit in there juuuust fine ;)

The LST setup works well. I only just had it running last weekend for the first time, took some intentional nose dives to test the box/cage and its in great shape.

Waiting for spring to break in the ERCM modded LRP 30, and since the pics have installed his pipe. Sooo loud, and its a side bleed. Love it

you have a link for the venom pack , has to be 2000 mah at min so I don't have to change them up 3 or four time a day:D .
Them ERCM pipe's are the bomb love mine .
I'll look into that cen tank your runnin, looks pretty good on there .
how big were your nose's hit 20 or 30 feet ?

Link

The jumps were only between 15-20 feet, an all-around test session for the roll cage and overall build. I'll beat on it more when the snow is gone so I can get some traction.

The CEN tank is great, even though the pick-up is in the front. The XL TVP's don't have anywhere to mount the steering servo on the left side to "fix" this, but honestly the way I look at it, when you're bashing you are doing as much braking or turning as accelerating so you will push the fuel back to the pick-up anyways.

Link

The jumps were only between 15-20 feet, an all-around test session for the roll cage and overall build. I'll beat on it more when the snow is gone so I can get some traction.

The CEN tank is great, even though the pick-up is in the front. The XL TVP's don't have anywhere to mount the steering servo on the left side to "fix" this, but honestly the way I look at it, when you're bashing you are doing as much braking or turning as accelerating so you will push the fuel back to the pick-up anyways.

Thanks for the link , not sure if that pack will work hard time understanding there spec's , I'll be runnin it with the Hitec high voltage servo's they will be pulling
3 1/2 to 4 amp per servo , I'll do some more home work on that pack, think I may go with a li-fe pack

Worked on the Electronics on the IRC build that turned out ok , and played with the links and tryed out the new futaba 4pl , I'm still not happy with the linkage so I may be trying differnt thing onto I find somthing I like a bit more.
I'm allso a little worried about being off balance with the 6.6v li-fe pack that far up front , mit try turning the cen box around
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Very nice build. I can't wait for my flm tvp's to arrive.

Thanks , I really like the FLM TVP's to , may be even more then the IRC but the IRC has a lot stronger engine plate .

Awesome build bro been watching this on multiple forums keep up the good work!

How long did u have to wait for the IRC parts to come in?

Awesome build bro been watching this on multiple forums keep up the good work!

How long did u have to wait for the IRC parts to come in?

Thanks EH23 , as for the IRC parts I got the TVP kit and the mid tank plate and front plat brace was pretty fast 5 days if I remember but I could not get the rear plate brace or streeing servo/Rx mount or rear servo mounts so I picked up a IRC roller to get them three parts , you can use FLM servo mounts for the streeing/throttle and the rear brace for the mid tank plate is all most a must have , you can rig or mod somthing to work like I did but I just was'nt happy with rigging or useing FLM parts on a IRC build .
seem's he is not restocking has parts , If you are thinking of building one start by finding that rear plate brace first but if you are not gona do the mid tank mod you should'nt need them three parts can use savage RX box set up

And sorry to say I am a forum hor :hehe:

rcaddic AKA rebuild

Haha its all good buddy! I've built and rebuilt my xl since I got it in Oct and I haven't even ran it yet... I'm actually in the process of doin a FLM/IRC compilation build now and I was trying to place an order for IRC big bores, mounting kit and engine plate on his site but the stock status seem like it never changes and when I tried to check out it says something weird like "shipping cannot be determined" so I didn't go through with it. Did u run in to this also? I was thinking about hittin Rob up on ebay and placing an order through there.

That what I'm doing as well , building FLM and a IRC to see what one can take a beating better I'm allso putting every thing I put on them to the testing and then I'll do a review all parts ,servo's ,ect .
I yes I did have that problem when ordering Innovative I e-mail him and he sent me a e-mail back with my order with way to make a payment though paypal

looks like he restocked with a few stearing/reciver box ,

Back