Sad day for me and my savage...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, it's been a long run, about 3 years. I bought it off of SkyMaxx at this forum for $200 as a roller June 2004.

This is how it looked when I got it:
2004-0614-SavageNoPeanuts.jpg

Now I'm selling her... (lone tear down cheek)

I haven't run it since the middle of last summer. I have the revo and had a mammoth. After having those two and knowing what a truck can handle like, I didn't drive it much. I spent a lot of dough on it over the past 3 years to get it up to a point that I could bash it hard. Then when I finished building it up, I got a revo. Then I built that up. Now I have an Aftershock and I just don't see myself spending much wheel time with the savage anymore.

I forgot how many spare parts I had. Arms, towers, c-hubs, axle carriers, center axles, diff gears, transmission, trans case, TVP's, engine mounts, engine plate, receiver box, diff cases, diffs (old and used)... things add up over time.

Here's how it looks now:
2006-0722-SavageSH28TankSide.jpg

2006-0722-SavageSH28RearHigh.jpg

2006-0722-SavageSH28FrontHigh.jpg

A bashing friend of mine has an LST2 that he took to a moto-cross track and totally trashed it. Then his 1:1 big bronco had both fuel pumps fry. Then his job cut back his hours (basement digger/trucker). So he is low on dough, and in an effort to not bash alone, I let him run the savage last weekend. Seeing him enjoy the fruits of my labor almost makes me knot up inside... Ok, not quite that emotional... But it was good to see how it made someone else happy and it reminded me of when I first got it. Especially when I hit my first jump that gave me 10 feet of air and it kept going! (I had a t-maxx prior to this)

With all the stuff I put into it, it will probably only get $250 if I'm lucky. I'll sell it to him for a few hundred when he has it, but I'll only ask for the receiver back. The engine runs good, but I paid $30 from a kid on a forum who couldn't get it to run right. A little TLC and it's just fine.

SkyMaxx, if your still out there, it's going to a home that will care for it and never let it sit overnight with dirt on it and without after run in it's veins...

Thanks again savage. You will be missed.

EDIT: man... this is totally sappy! I think I'm going to have to kick my own AZZ!

:trashed: I'll drink one in your honor.

Don't think I could part with my Savage... You're a bigger man than me. :LoL:

Good that you are helping a brother out. That's what it's all about.

yeah selling a savy is pretty sentimental. When I sold mine to fund y baja it was a sad day..

Believe me, you won't regret selling the savage if you get a baja!!!

Glad it is finding a home in the same fashion that it was given to you...almost a pay it forward kind of thing. Hope he likes it as much as I did and as much as you did prior to giving it over.

-SkyMaxx

My sad day may come soon..I'm considering selling mine too...this summer may be the last time I have it... going off to college next year out of state, so I'd have to fly, so it's not like I could take it with me... May try to keep the 1/8 buggy so I can at least have something... Plus, I could use the dough... But I intend to keep it as long as possible...

You have to post a price. LOL.

He's not posting it as a for sale deal, he stated that he is selling it to a friend. read the full post next time.

I know,I read it.Gotta get my post count back up some how. didnt you see the LOL?

get it up by not spamming.... And the WORST thing to do is say you are doing it only to get post count up.

RESPECT is worth 10X more than post count here brother....

Olds.... I know how you feel. I just recently sold my first 1/8 scale buggy. It was the first rig I ever raced and it had a special spot. I got a newer Jammin buggy and the XTerm just sat. I sold it as a roller to the guy at my LHS and it was hard to part with it. I knew however it went to a good home, and knew it would be taken care of. In fact just two weeks ago I got to see it raced for the first time since I raced it. It was pretty neat to see her go again. It was nice to see it just being used. I even got to hold it again while I was turn marshalling! LOL Now I am sounding sappy! Take care olds my friend.. once you get a new rig... it will get easier. :thumbsup:

Tom

You're all a bunch a softies. :depress:

Damn you all:nope:

But I agree, when I three months ago packed up my first LST it was a little sad for me.

Well, my sad day is today... Sold mine. I sold it to a kid I knew at my track and who works at the LHS. He has another savage that he built up into a shelf-queen, so he wanted something he could actually run, lol. Anyway, it's gone to a good home, and I will likely end up seeing it running on the track again...